Top Performing Dow Component: United Technologies
Published on Friday, 29 June 2012 12:35 Written by Danny Miller
New York, June 29th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is higher trading at 12818.5, which represents 1.72% versus its previous trading session close, with all of its components trading in positive territory.
United Technologies (NYSE:UTX) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $75.28 representing 3.69% versus the previous trading session. Shares of United Technologies, the maker of Otis elevators and Carrier air conditioning systems have defined support at $72.82 and resistance at $77.05.
Bank of America (NYSE:BAC) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $8 representing 3.29% from its previous close. Bank of America, the largest U.S. lender has calculated support and resistance levels at $7.48 and $8.22 respectively. The other top performer this morning is Boeing (NYSE:BA), which is trading at $73.73 representing 3% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include McDonald's (NYSE:MCD) that is trading at $88.35 or 0.19% from the previous close. Shares of McDonald's, the largest restaurant chain in the world have defined support at $86.01 and resistance at $90.76. Also among the worst performers we have JP Morgan (NYSE:JPM), which is trading at $36.01 representing 0.36% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for June delivery is also trading higher at $91.44 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange higher by $-0.22 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1354.05, which represents 1.88% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 2916.79 that represents 2.36% from previous session.
- Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne Engines Boost Latest Communication Satellite into Orbit
- UTC Calls For Redemption Of All Of Its Outstanding 1.200 Percent Notes Due June 1, 2015
- Is JP Morgan Closing in to Resistance?
- Top Performing Dow Component: Hewlett Packard
- McDonald's Announces Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Pratt & Whitney Employees to be Inducted into Connecticut Academy of Science and Engineering
- TradersHuddle Dow's Update, In focus:PFE, HD, JPM, MSFT, CSCO
- United Technologies Announces Early Tender Results of Debt Tender Offers
- United Technologies Is Close to its 50 Day Moving Average
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: HD, JPM, MCD
Related Partner Headlines
- Banks Cough Up $26.1 Billion in Mortgage Relief - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America, MBIA Death Match Hurts Both: Moody's - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America Will Cut to Hit Earnings: Analyst - TheStreet.com
- Why the U.S. Stinks at Mobile Payments: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- Big Bank Break-Ups Need to Wait: Dudley - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America and Berkowitz Follow Different Scripts: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- New York Community Bank Opens Faster Than Giants After Sandy - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: McDonald's Corporation (MCD) Lower - TheStreet.com
- Mortgage Delinquencies, Foreclosures Begin to Drop - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: Bank Of America Corporation (BAC) Leads The Day Higher, Wal-Mart Stores (WMT) Lags - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Chesapeake Energy Is Close to Resistance
Windstream Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Applied Materials Is Close to Resistance
E*TRADE is Near a Key Support Area
First Solar is Near a Key Support Area
Trading Idea: Is Monster Worldwide close to Support?
Trading Idea: - Is Walgreen close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:35PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
JJsHouse Is Now Providing Big Discounts On Its Bridesmaid Dresses
Online Rebates Browser Add-On Distribution Via Software Bundling Powerful Means of Distribution
Sun Damage – Are UV Rays Addictive?
Ford Plans to Hire 3,500 Workers, Reflecting Job Trends on EngineeringCrossing.com
Zamansky & Associates LLC Announces That It Is Investigating LPL Financial Over An Alleged $2 Million Theft By A Financial Advisor
Nodah.com: New Website Launch with the Best Hotels in the Top 43 Cities around the World
Playa del Rey Moving Company Provides Tips for Moving Heavy Furniture
How To Stop Drafts and Save On Home Energy Bills This Summer - New Draft Stoppers Now Available From Battic Door Energy Conservation