NASDAQ 100 Top Performer: Vertex Pharmaceuticals
Published on Friday, 29 June 2012 13:35 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, June 29th (TradersHuddle.com) - The NASDAQ 100 Index is higher trading at 2603.25, which represents 2.63% versus its previous close. The index is mixed for the day with slightly more than 50% of its components on the green.
Vertex Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:VRTX) is the NASDAQ 100's top performer today with the stock trading at $54.7 representing 6.88% from its previous trading session. Shares of Vertex Pharmaceuticals, the biotechnology company focused on developing novel small molecule pharmaceuticals have defined support at $54.02 and resistance at $61.18.
F5 Networks (NASDAQ:FFIV) is also among the top performers, and it is trading at $99.21 representing 6.27% from its previous close. F5 Networks, the application delivery networking Company, has calculated support and resistance levels at $95.09 and $107.19 respectively. The other top performer of the NASDAQ 100 is Cognizant Technology Solutions (NASDAQ:CTSH), which is trading at $59.51 representing 5.89% from its previous close.
The NASDAQ 100's worst performers include Research In Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM), which is trading at $7.41 or -18.84% from the prior close. Shares of Research In Motion, the Blackberry maker have defined support at $8.83 and resistance at $11.02. Also among the worst performers Warner Chilcott (NASDAQ:WCRX), which is trading at $17.98 representing -2.12% from the previous session.
The NASDAQ 100 is underperfoming the Dow Jones but is pretty much equal with the S&P 500. The Dow Jones Industrial Index is currently trading at 12835.8, which represents 1.85% from previous close, the S&P 500, on the other hand, is trading at 1356.52 that represents 2.07% from its previous close.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines