Bank of America Announces Support for Colorado Wildfires Relief Efforts
Published on Monday, 02 July 2012 13:05 Written by TradersHuddle StaffDENVER-( Business Wire )-
Bank of America today announced a $25,000 commitment to the American Red Cross Mile High Region to aid victims of the wildfires sweeping across parts of Colorado. The Waldo Canyon fire alone has already destroyed nearly 350 homes and forced the evacuation of 35,000 people, surpassing the 257 homes damaged recently by another wildfire near Fort Collins.
"We are committed to supporting the families, customers and communities who have been impacted by the devastating series of wildfires,” said Robert Likos, Colorado market president, Bank of America. “By giving to the local American Red Cross chapter, the funds will be immediately used for local relief and recovery needs.”
Bank of America is also a donor to the Red Cross Annual Disaster Giving Program. Through the Annual Disaster Giving Program, which was started in 1997, members have pledged donations to the Red Cross in advance of major disasters, which helps the organization better prepare for and respond to nearly 70,000 disasters each year.
In addition, the Bank of America Charitable Foundation will match employee pledges through the bank’s Matching Gifts program.
Bank of America customers impacted by the fires can use the phone number on their bank statements or bank card to discuss options, and mortgage customers impacted by the fires may contact the bank’s Customer Assistance Center located in Greenwood Village by calling 866.384.0200.
Bank of America
Bank of America is one of the world's largest financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. The company provides unmatched convenience in the United States, serving approximately 57 million consumer and small business relationships with approximately 5,700 retail banking offices and approximately 17,250 ATMs and award-winning online banking with 30 million active users. Bank of America is among the world's leading wealth management companies and is a global leader in corporate and investment banking and trading across a broad range of asset classes, serving corporations, governments, institutions and individuals around the world. Bank of America offers industry-leading support to approximately 4 million small business owners through a suite of innovative, easy-to-use online products and services. The company serves clients through operations in more than 40 countries. Bank of America Corporation stock (NYSE: BAC) is a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
For more Bank of America news, visit the Bank of America newsroom.
- Is Bank of America Breaking Out?
- Dow's Top Performers :BAC, JPM, HPQ
- Is Bank of America Closing in to Resistance?
- Is Bank of America Breaking Out?
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: UNH, BAC, JPM
- Bank of America Is Near Resistance
- Bank of America Is Close to its 50 Day Moving Average
- TradersHuddle Dow's Update, In focus:BA, AA, BAC, T, PG
- Critical Alerts For Bank of America Corp, National Oilwell Varco, United Continental, Starz, and HomeAway Released By InvestorsObserver
- Worst Performing Dow Component: United Technologies
Related Partner Headlines
- Banks Cough Up $26.1 Billion in Mortgage Relief - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America, MBIA Death Match Hurts Both: Moody's - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America Will Cut to Hit Earnings: Analyst - TheStreet.com
- Why the U.S. Stinks at Mobile Payments: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- Big Bank Break-Ups Need to Wait: Dudley - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America and Berkowitz Follow Different Scripts: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- New York Community Bank Opens Faster Than Giants After Sandy - TheStreet.com
- Mortgage Delinquencies, Foreclosures Begin to Drop - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: Bank Of America Corporation (BAC) Leads The Day Higher, Wal-Mart Stores (WMT) Lags - TheStreet.com
- Diamond Foods Valuation Under Pressure - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,354.40 Trade time:4:40PM EDT Value change:▲121.18 (0.80%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,667.47 Trade time:4:39PM EDT Value change:▲17.00 (1.03%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,498.97 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
Tetragon Financial Group Limited (TFG) Monthly Update For April 2013
German Federal Joint Committee (G-BA) Issues Final Assessment Report for PIXUVRI® (pixantrone)
IBM Analytics Help Arad Group Manage Big Data for Water Meter Solutions
Ford Fusion Energi Earns Top Vehicle Safety Rating from NHTSA
Live Nation Further Expands Presence In Asia, Forms Joint Venture With Lushington
China Xiniya Fashion Limited Reports 2013 First Quarter Financial Results
The "17 Cheat Foods That Burn Fat" Review and Diet Plan Secrets Revealed by Daily Gossip
Intesa, Unicredit hurt by Italian trials and tribulations according to SNL Financial's recent report