IBM Enters into a Long-term Agreement with Sandvik
Published on Tuesday, 03 July 2012 03:09 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
STOCKHOLM, July 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) and Sandvik, a world-leading high-technology engineering group, today announce a five-year strategic agreement, where parts of the Sandvik IT infrastructure services will be outsourced to IBM. The value of the agreement is approximately 2 billion SEK, and more than $250 million USD.
Sandvik aims to become a more fast-paced, global and customer-focused company with greater synergies within IT and other selected areas. This agreement will enable scalability and flexibility in cost, resources and competence for Sandvik. In the long-term perspective this will provide an increased cost efficiency and quality of IT services and also secure access to the right skills and competence.
"We are very satisfied to have entered this agreement with IBM and have high expectations on their ability to meet our demands," says Goran Kordel, CIO of Sandvik. "This is an important step towards strengthening the internal business solution for Sandvik IT and also a vital part in Sandvik's ambition to be a globally integrated company."
Becoming a globally integrated company is an essential transformation many companies have to perform to be able to stay in the forefront of their industry. Besides assisting multiple companies in this transformation processes, IBM has its own experience from combining its separate IT and business infrastructure into a globally integrated, open and responsive one.
"We are very delighted to continue to work closely with Sandvik," says Johan Sandell, General Manager at IBM in Sweden. "Our own transformation turned IBM into a higher-performing enterprise providing returns to shareholders and added value to our clients and employees. We are convinced our transformation experience will support Sandvik on a similar journey to deliver value to Sandvik's business."
The services in scope for this agreement are 'data center services' and 'workplace'.'Data center services' includes the operation of all server platforms including hardware, application platform software and facilities where servers are placed. 'Workplace' includes all services to manage office PCs as well as messaging, collaboration, standard applications and second-line user support. All tasks within 'workplace' and 'data center services' will be performed by IBM. Under the terms of this agreement IBM will offer employment to Sandvik's resources currently working in these areas.
"A successful transition of both employees and technology to IBM is designed to not only enhance the security of Sandvik's business operations, but also to provide a unique opportunity for Sandvik's highly skilled employees to continue their professional career, supporting both Sandvik and other IBM clients," says Yvonne Andersson, Strategic Outsourcing Country Executive at IBM in Sweden.
The contract was signed in the end of the second quarter of 2012.
IBM is an industry pioneer and has deep and broad experience of providing outsourcing services to companies all over the world. IBM also has exceptional experience of playing the role of a strategic partner - one that will bring industry thought leadership to the table and proactively contributes to customers' business and IT strategy. IBM has one of the largest global infrastructures, which has led to economies of scale that the company passes on to customers. In addition, IBM has created and can leverage world-class methods, tools, processes and intellectual capital to create high service levels, which has led IBM to become one of the most respected groups of IT skills in the industry.
For more information contact:
IBM Svenska AB
Carina Ginstmark, External Communications Manager
Mobile: +46 70 793 4889
- IBM Big Data Analytics Helps History Colorado Center Better Engage Visitors with an Enhanced Cultural Experience
- IBM Announces IBM Services Center in the Dutch province of Groningen, Creating up to 350 New Tech Roles for Local Market
- Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium Uses IBM Big Data Analytics to Better Engage the Millennial Visitor
- France's Nice Cote d'Azur Region Taps IBM to Help Build a Smarter, Sustainable City
- IBM Unveils Industry's First Cloud Suites for the Entire C-Suite
- IBM Helps Women's Cooperatives in Tangier Become More Profitable
- IBM Helps Nigeria's Lagos State Design a Transportation System for Future Growth
- IBM Featured at U.S. Department of State Forum on International Corporate Volunteerism
- IBM Is in a Well Defined Range
- UMC Joins IBM Chip Alliance for 10nm Process Development
Related Partner Headlines
- Could Turn Out Quite Well for IBM - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: International Business Machines (IBM) Leads The Day Higher, AT&T (T) Lags - TheStreet.com
- International Business Machines Corp (IBM): Today's Featured Technology Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: International Business Machines (IBM) Lags - TheStreet.com
- Starbucks Becomes Caffeine-Fueled IBM With Teavana Buy - TheStreet.com
- International Business Machines Corp Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (IBM) - TheStreet.com
- International Business Machines Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (IBM) - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: McDonald's Corporation (MCD) Leads The Day Higher, International Business Machines (IBM) Lags - TheStreet.com
- International Business Machines Corp (IBM): Today's Featured Computer Hardware Winner - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: International Business Machines (IBM) Higher - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,112.19 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼206.04 (-1.35%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,628.93 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼22.88 (-1.39%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,443.20 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼38.98 (-1.12%)
In The Wires
Truett-Hurst, Inc. Announces Pricing Of Initial Public Offering
Gothic Thriller "Hemlock Grove" Back On Netflix For A Second Season
Enerplus Announces Investor Day Webcast Details
Morguard Sunstone Real Estate Income Fund Liquidation and Payment Schedule
Race Across America Powered By Trane Speeds Through Indiana
Lender Processing Services, Inc. Announces an Adjustment to the Consideration Mix in Its Acquisition by Fidelity National Financial, Inc.
U.S. Market Cap Guidelines Updated and Several Constituent Changes Announced for the S&P SmallCap 600
Timbercreek Mortgage Investment Corporation June 2013 Dividend