Brokers Higher In Focus:JEF, GS, ETFC
Published on Tuesday, 03 July 2012 17:07 Written by Christian Paolinetti
New York, July 3rd (TradersHuddle.com) - The overall market traded higher with the S&P 500 adding 0.62%. Stocks of Broker / Dealers also traded higher, with NYSE Broker/Dealer index closing the session at $88.894, which represents 0.91% versus previous day close. The index , it had 9 out of 10 components trading higher.
Jefferies (NYSE:JEF) was the top performer of the sector today, closing at $13.23 representing 2.56% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Jefferies, the independent full service global securities services and investment banking firm, have defined support at $12.08 and resistance at $13.34.
Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS) was also among the top performers, closed the trading session at $98.6 representing 1.51% from its previous close. Goldman Sachs, the premier global investment banking and securities firm has calculated support and resistance levels at $90.43 and $97.60 respectively. The other top performer was E*TRADE (NASDAQ:ETFC), which closed the trading session at $8.14 representing 1.37% from the previous session.
The sector's worst performers include Nomura (NYSE:NMR) that closed the trading session at $3.74 or -0.27% from the previous close. Shares of Nomura, the global finanicial services company based in Tokyo, Japan have defined support at $3.39 and resistance at $3.59. Also among the worst performers was TD Ameritrade (NASDAQ:AMTD), which closed the trading session at $17.05 representing 0.29% from the previous session.
- Tennis Channel's First TV Everywhere Application Enabled by Level 3
- Level 3 Honored as "Top Company of the Year in Telecom" by ColoradoBiz Magazine
- Growing Demand for High-Quality Global Broadcast Solutions in South Africa Leads to Level 3 Vyvx Expansion
- Critical Alerts For Lowes, Merck, Express Scripts, VMware, and Level 3 Communications Released By InvestorsObserver
- Level 3 to Present at Investor Conferences
- Lacoste Optimizes Customer Service Capabilities Across Brazil
- Praxair Colombia Selects Level 3 to Enhance Operational Efficiency and Security
- Hexcel Corporation Selects Level 3's Global Network Services to Support International Growth
- State of South Carolina Awards Web and Audio Conferencing Contract to Level 3
- Level 3 Announces Refinancing of $815 Million Term Loan
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines