Bulls in Charge of Eli Lilly
Published on Thursday, 05 July 2012 09:06 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, July 5th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Eli Lilly & Co. (NYSE:LLY) ended the trading session higher by $0.17 or 0.4% from its previous close. Eli Lilly's price action formed what is considered to be a bullish engulfing candle that could very well signal a continuation of trend or reversal of the ongoing weakness.
Eli Lilly (NYSE:LLY) principal activities are to develop, manufacture and market pharmaceutical-based health care solutions. The company specializes in research and development, production and marketing of products for the treatment of diabetes worldwide, such as insulin and insulin delivery devices.. Some of the company's patents include Zyprexa, Prozac, Permax, Humulin, Evista, Humalog, Humatrope, Vancocin, Keflex, Nebcin , Lorabid, Gemzar, Tylan, and Rumensin.
Eli Lilly's recent stock range was formed by a trough where calculated support was defined at $39.25 and by a peak that established the resistance level at $42.47. This range could be used by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in Eli Lilly or traders that are already holding the stock can use the bullish engulfing pattern to their advantage. The pattern provides a defined risk, as it shows where the bears were able to push the stock down, before the bulls step in with a bid.
The bullish engulfing pattern is a leading indicator that provides an alert to the bulls that the trend will continue or that there is an immediate reversal to the short-term weakness seen on the stock. Below an Engulfing Bullish Candle Illustration:
- Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. Sued by Investor
- Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. Receives Bank Waiver Under Credit Facility
- Meadowbrook's Comment on Class Action Complaint
- Harwood Feffer LLP Announces Investigation of Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc.
- Ryan & Maniskas, LLP Announces Class Action Lawsuit Against Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc.
- Pomerantz Law Firm has filed a Class Action Against Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. and Certain Officers - MIG
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Pomerantz Law Firm Investigates Claims On Behalf of Investors of Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. -- MIG
- Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. Announces That It Has Filed A Form 12b-25 To Allow The Filing Of The Company's Form 10-Q By August 14, 2013
- Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. Announces Agreement to Provide "A" Rated Policy Issuance Solution
- Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. Comments On A.M. Best Decision To Downgrade Rating For Meadowbrook Insurance Group, Inc. And Its Subsidiaries
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines