Advanced Micro Devices - Top Performing Semiconductor - Mid-Day Update
Published on Thursday, 05 July 2012 11:52 Written by Danny Miller
New York, July 5th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index is trading lower at $385.92, representing -1.12% from its previous close. The semiconductor index is having a negative day with only 9 index components trading higher.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE:AMD) is the top performer of the semis, trading at $6.03, which represents 4.87%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Advanced Micro Devices, the second largest chipmaker in the world have defined support at $5.32 and resistance at $6.09.
Applied Materials (NASDAQ:AMAT) is also among the top performers, currently trading at $11.47 representing 1.68% from its previous close. Applied Materials, the provider of nano-manufacturing technology solutions has calculated support and resistance levels at $10.90 and $11.47 respectively. The other top performer of the semis is Altera (NASDAQ:ALTR), which is trading at $34.21 representing 1.42% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Taiwan Semiconductor (NYSE:TSM) that is trading at $13.62 or -5.68% from the previous close. Shares of Taiwan Semiconductor, the largest dedicated semiconductor foundry in the world have defined support at $13.18 and resistance at $14.20. Also among the worst performers is STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM), which is currently trading at $5.31 representing -3.1% from the previous trading session.
Today, the Semis are underperforming the broad market index S&P 500.
- Applied Materials Is Close to Resistance
- Advanced Micro Devices Is Near Resistance
- Applied Materials Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
- Cree - Top Performing Semiconductor - Mid-Day Update
- Altera Is Near a Key Resistance Area
- Veeco Instruments - Top Performer Semiconductor
- Sector Wrap - Semis Higher: WFR, VECO, STM
- Is Altera Breaking Out?
- Applied Materials Is Near Resistance
- Rubicon Technology - Worst Performing Semiconductor
Related Partner Headlines
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (TSM) - TheStreet.com
- Applied Stock To Go Ex-dividend Monday (AMAT) - TheStreet.com
- Altera Corp. Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (ALTR) - TheStreet.com
- Advanced Micro Devices Stock Hits New 52-Week Low (AMD) - TheStreet.com
- Applied Fourth Quarter Earnings - Investopedia
- Stock Market Story: Nov. 14 - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Piper Jaffray Cuts PT to $13 on Applied Materials on Tempered Silicon Order Recovery - Benzinga
- Stock Futures Rise Ahead of U.S. Data - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: D.A. Davidson Reiterates Buy Rating, Lowers PT on Applied Materials - Benzinga
- Morning Briefing: 10 Things You Should Know - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Chesapeake Energy Is Close to Resistance
Windstream Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Applied Materials Is Close to Resistance
E*TRADE is Near a Key Support Area
First Solar is Near a Key Support Area
Trading Idea: Is Monster Worldwide close to Support?
Trading Idea: - Is Walgreen close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:35PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
Taylor Swift Tickets: Cheap Concert Tickets has Slashed Prices on Taylor Swift Concert Tickets in Arlington/Dallas, Philadelphia, East Rutherford, Los Angeles & Tacoma
Searchen Networks® Join National Federation of Independent Business
ATK Technologies Support Launch of ULA's Delta IV Rocket Carrying WGS-5
ITX Design Announces Recent Results of In-House Survey Gauging Web Traffic Trends in North America
PhenObestin 37.5 Can Help Make Bathing Suit Season Less Stressful
ShopPharmacyCounter.com PhenObestin 37.5 Summer Sale Now On
Your Grooming Business is in the Dog House: 5 Ways to Beat the Competition and Grow Revenue by Appointment-Plus Pet Grooming Software
Famous Smoke Shop Launches Memorial Day Cigar Sale