Advanced Micro Devices - Top Performing Semiconductor - Mid-Day Update
Published on Thursday, 05 July 2012 11:52 Written by Danny Miller
New York, July 5th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index is trading lower at $385.92, representing -1.12% from its previous close. The semiconductor index is having a negative day with only 9 index components trading higher.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE:AMD) is the top performer of the semis, trading at $6.03, which represents 4.87%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Advanced Micro Devices, the second largest chipmaker in the world have defined support at $5.32 and resistance at $6.09.
Applied Materials (NASDAQ:AMAT) is also among the top performers, currently trading at $11.47 representing 1.68% from its previous close. Applied Materials, the provider of nano-manufacturing technology solutions has calculated support and resistance levels at $10.90 and $11.47 respectively. The other top performer of the semis is Altera (NASDAQ:ALTR), which is trading at $34.21 representing 1.42% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Taiwan Semiconductor (NYSE:TSM) that is trading at $13.62 or -5.68% from the previous close. Shares of Taiwan Semiconductor, the largest dedicated semiconductor foundry in the world have defined support at $13.18 and resistance at $14.20. Also among the worst performers is STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM), which is currently trading at $5.31 representing -3.1% from the previous trading session.
Today, the Semis are underperforming the broad market index S&P 500.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines