Top Performing Dow Component: McDonald's
Published on Thursday, 05 July 2012 12:35 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, July 5th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is lower trading at 12927.5, which represents -0.13% versus its previous trading session close, With only 9 of its components trading in positive territory.
McDonald's (NYSE:MCD) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $89.45 representing 0.98% versus the previous trading session. Shares of McDonald's, the largest restaurant chain in the world have defined support at $86.01 and resistance at $90.76.
Caterpillar (NYSE:CAT) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $87.28 representing 0.95% from its previous close. Caterpillar, the largest earth moving equipment maker in the world has calculated support and resistance levels at $80.96 and $89.79 respectively. The other top performer this morning is Alcoa (NYSE:AA), which is trading at $8.97 representing 0.79% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include JP Morgan (NYSE:JPM) that is trading at $34.5 or -3.85% from the previous close. Shares of JP Morgan, the second largest U.S. lender have defined support at $34.64 and resistance at $36.82. Also among the worst performers we have Bank of America (NYSE:BAC), which is trading at $7.9 representing -2.05% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for June delivery is also trading lower at $91.44 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange lower by $-0.22 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1370.42, which represents -0.26% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 2980.72 that represents 0.16% from previous session.
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: HD, JPM, MCD
- Trading Idea: - Is Bank of America close to Resistance?
- Alcoa Is in a Very Tight Range
- First Use of Natural Gas to Power Equipment for Hydraulic Fracturing in Northeastern Pennsylvania
- JP Morgan Is Moving Above Resistance
- Alcoa Is in a Tight Range between the 50 and 200 Day Moving Averages
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: BA, UTX, AA
- Critical Alerts For JPMorgan, Whole Foods, T Rowe Price, Randgold Resources, and Ciena Released By InvestorsObserver
- Caterpillar and Mining Machinery Limited Announce Settlement Agreement Related to Siwei Acquisition
- Is Bank of America Breaking Out?
Related Partner Headlines
- Dow Today: Caterpillar (CAT) Leads The Day Higher, Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) Lags - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: McDonald's Corporation (MCD) Lower - TheStreet.com
- McDonald's to Replace Head of U.S. Operations - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: McDonald's Corporation (MCD) Higher - TheStreet.com
- Alcoa Inc (AA): Today's Featured Metals & Mining Laggard - TheStreet.com
- JPMorgan Chase & Co (JPM): Today's Featured Banking Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Caterpillar Is Interesting in the Low $80s - TheStreet.com
- McDonald's Corporation Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (MCD) - TheStreet.com
- Caterpillar Inc Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (CAT) - TheStreet.com
- 'Mad Money' Lightning Round: Buy Toro, Stay Away From Marvell - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Is Priceline.com Coming Down?
Google Is Near a Key Resistance Area
Above Resistance: United Technologies
Trading Idea: What to Expect as Devon Energy Breaks Resistance
Micron Technology Is Near a Key Resistance Area
IMAX Is Moving Above Resistance
Trading Idea: - Is Bank of America close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,387.58 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲52.30 (0.34%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,669.16 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲2.87 (0.17%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,502.12 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▲5.69 (0.16%)
In The Wires
U-Haul Continues to Offer 30 Days of Free Self-Storage and Also Is Offering 30 Days of Free U-Box Portable Moving and Storage to Oklahoma Tornado Victims
Jon Huntsman Funds Charitable Donations With Share Proceeds
Silver Wheaton Announces Election Of Directors
ITG Adds Singapore to Asia Pacific POSIT® coverage
Trez Capital Senior Mortgage Investment Corporation announces May 2013 distribution
Trez Capital Mortgage Investment Corporation Announces May 2013 Distribution
Pandora Chief Revenue Officer to Appear at OMMA Mobile Conference
SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Law Office of Brodsky & Smith, LLC Announces Investigation of SoundBite Communications, Inc. SDBT