Top Performing Dow Component: McDonald's
Published on Thursday, 05 July 2012 12:35 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, July 5th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is lower trading at 12927.5, which represents -0.13% versus its previous trading session close, With only 9 of its components trading in positive territory.
McDonald's (NYSE:MCD) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $89.45 representing 0.98% versus the previous trading session. Shares of McDonald's, the largest restaurant chain in the world have defined support at $86.01 and resistance at $90.76.
Caterpillar (NYSE:CAT) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $87.28 representing 0.95% from its previous close. Caterpillar, the largest earth moving equipment maker in the world has calculated support and resistance levels at $80.96 and $89.79 respectively. The other top performer this morning is Alcoa (NYSE:AA), which is trading at $8.97 representing 0.79% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include JP Morgan (NYSE:JPM) that is trading at $34.5 or -3.85% from the previous close. Shares of JP Morgan, the second largest U.S. lender have defined support at $34.64 and resistance at $36.82. Also among the worst performers we have Bank of America (NYSE:BAC), which is trading at $7.9 representing -2.05% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for June delivery is also trading lower at $91.44 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange lower by $-0.22 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1370.42, which represents -0.26% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 2980.72 that represents 0.16% from previous session.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines