Raytheon marks 90 years of customer focus, technology and innovation leadership
Published on Thursday, 05 July 2012 13:57 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
From high-tech startup to global leader in aerospace and defense
WALTHAM, Mass., July 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- This month, Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) celebrates its 90th anniversary as a technology and innovation leader. Founded July 7, 1922, as the American Appliance Company in Cambridge, Mass., Raytheon through the generations has developed solutions for some of the most challenging requirements by tapping into a spirit of perpetual innovation and dedication to core values and customer success.
"It is truly amazing to think about how far Raytheon has come since our early days, with our rich heritage of 90 years of inventions and breakthroughs to support customers around the world," said William H. Swanson, Raytheon Chairman and CEO. "While our world has changed a lot since 1922, what remains steadfast is Raytheon's consistent focus on excellence in technology and innovation, and our ability to solve our customers' hardest problems."
Celebrating Innovation Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow
Raytheon's legacy of innovation has been made even richer through the integration of acquired organizations and international business expansion. Beginning the week of July 9th, employees across the company will celebrate Raytheon's 90th anniversary with events that commemorate significant engineering and scientific contributions, team achievements and community support. From site visits by Raytheon experts who played key roles in technology advancements to state declarations to communications highlighting historical milestones, anniversary activities will reflect Raytheon's innovative and inclusive culture that has shaped the company through the years.
Raytheon Company, with 2011 sales of $25 billion and 71,000 employees worldwide, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 90 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. For more about Raytheon, visit us at www.raytheon.com and follow us on Twitter at @raytheon.
SOURCE Raytheon Company
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines