NovaBay Pharmaceuticals to Present at JMP Securities Healthcare Conference
Published on Thursday, 05 July 2012 14:35 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
EMERYVILLE, Calif., July 5, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NovaBay® Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE Amex:NBY), today announced that Dr. Ron Najafi, Chief Executive Officer, will present at the 7th Annual JMP Securities Healthcare Conference, held July 12 – 13, 2012, in New York.
Dr. Najafi will review advances being made in NovaBay's four Business Units for ophthalmology, dermatology, urology and wound care. His presentation will cover the recently announced successful end of Phase 2A meeting with the FDA regarding its Impetigo program, as well as its Phase 2B trial for the treatment of viral conjunctivitis just launched in the U.S., with sites in Brazil and India to begin enrolling patients in the near future.
Additionally, Dr. Najafi and Mr. Tom Paulson, Chief Financial Officer, will be available to respond to questions and to participate in one-on-one meetings with investors attending the JMP Securities conference.
|Event||7th Annual JMP Securities Healthcare Conference|
|Date||Friday, July 13, 2012|
|Time||9:30 am ET|
|Place||Tribeca Room; The Peninsula, New York, NY|
About NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Going Beyond Antibiotics
NovaBay Pharmaceuticals is a clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on addressing the large unmet therapeutic needs of the global anti-infective market with its two distinct categories of products.
NovaBay's first-in-class Aganocide compounds, led by NVC-422, are patented, synthetic molecules with a broad spectrum of activity against bacteria, viruses and fungi. Mimicking the mechanism of action that human white blood cells use against infections, Aganocides possess a very low likelihood that bacteria or viruses will be able to develop resistance, which is critical for advanced anti-infectives. Having demonstrated clinical efficacy in Phase 2 proof-of-concept clinical studies, NVC-422 is suited to treat and prevent a wide range of local, non-systemic infections. NovaBay's clinical development activities are focused on three disease areas:
- Dermatology - Partnered with Galderma, a leading dermatology company, to develop a formulation of NVC-422 for treatment of highly contagious skin infection, impetigo, caused primarily by S. aureus and Group A Beta-hemolytic streptococci.
- Ophthalmology - NovaBay is developing an eye drop formulation of NVC-422 for treating adenoviral conjunctivitis. Enrollment into a global Phase 2b clinical study has begun with top-line data expected in the first half of 2013.
- Urology – NovaBay's urinary catheter irrigation solution containing NVC-422 is currently enrolling patients in its Phase 2 proof-of-concept clinical studies, with the goal of reducing the incidence of urinary catheter blockage and encrustation (UCBE) and associated urinary tract infections. The Company reported positive data from Part A of this study and expects to announce top-line results from Part B later in 2012.
NovaBay is also developing NeutroPhase, which is an FDA 510(k)-cleared product for advanced wound care. We believe that NeutroPhase is the only patented pure hypochlorous acid solution available and has the potential to be best suited to treat the six-million-patients in the U.S. who suffer from chronic non-healing wounds, such as pressure, venous stasis and diabetic ulcers. For additional information, visit: www.neutrophase.com.
Stay informed on NovaBay's progress:
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Connect with NovaBay on LinkedIn
- Join us on Google+
- Visit NovaBay's Website
Forward Looking Statements
This release contains forward-looking statements, which are based upon management's current expectations, assumptions, estimates, projections and beliefs. Statements regarding NovaBay's expectations including, but not limited to, (i) any potential plans for future clinical development of its Aganocide compounds and of bringing products to market including the expected timing of the initiation of the Phase 2b impetigo clinical trial and expected timing of the results of the Phase 2, Part B UCBE trial and Phase 2 conjunctivitis trial; (ii) the development and potential benefits of, and the market opportunities for, NovaBay's product candidates (iii) the potential to deliver the same or better efficacy than antibiotics and to address the growing problem of antibiotic resistance as well as other statements that relate to future events or results, are forward-looking. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results or achievements to be materially different and adverse from those expressed in or implied by the forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause or contribute to such differences include, but are not limited to: the risk that negative results from the development programs could preclude Galderma from providing additional funding to NovaBay; inherent risks and uncertainties relating to difficulties or delays in conducting clinical trials; the inherent uncertainty of patent protection for the company's intellectual property or trade secrets, risks and uncertainties relating to difficulties or delays in discovery, development, testing, production and marketing of the company's product candidates; unexpected adverse side effects or inadequate therapeutic efficacy of the product candidates; the company's ability to obtain additional financing as necessary; and the risk of unexpected delays in the regulatory process which may delay the commencement or completion of clinical trials as well other as risks relating to NovaBay and its Aganocide compounds detailed in NovaBay's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q, under the caption "Risk Factors" in Item 1A of Part II of that report, which was filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on May 3, 2012. The forward-looking statements in this release speak only as of this date, and NovaBay disclaims any intent or obligation to revise or update publicly any forward-looking statement except as required by law.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines