Photo Release -- Rockville Bank Welcomes New Senior Officers
Published on Thursday, 05 July 2012 14:43 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
ROCKVILLE, Conn., July 5, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The hiring of three senior officers was announced today by William (Bill) H. W. Crawford, IV, President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Rockville Financial, Inc. (the "Company") (Nasdaq:RCKB), the holding company for Rockville Bank (the "Bank"). Joining Rockville Bank are: Elizabeth (Betsy) Wynnick, Senior Vice President and Director of Internal Audit; Carla Balesano, Senior Vice President, Executive Credit Officer of Commercial Banking; and Melanie Joy, Vice President, Senior Commercial Real Estate Banking Officer.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=13557
"We are thrilled to add such talented and dedicated banking professionals to the Rockville team," stated Rockville Financial, Inc. and Rockville Bank President and CEO Bill Crawford. "Rockville Bank continues to draw talented professionals with excellent reputations who believe in the same values as we do."
Rockville Bank's new senior officers are:
Elizabeth (Betsy) Wynnick, Esq., CPA, CFSA, joins Rockville Bank as Senior Vice President and Director of Internal Audit. She is a highly accomplished Bank Audit Executive with over 20 years of extensive experience in the financial services industry and Big Four public accounting. Wynnick will be responsible for overseeing the Internal Audit function at Rockville Bank. Her experience includes close to seven years as NewAlliance Bank's General Auditor. Prior to NewAlliance Bank, Wynnick was the Deputy General Auditor at Webster Financial Corp. and, before joining Webster, was a Senior Associate with Coopers & Lybrand (now PricewaterhouseCoopers), working primarily in the financial services industry. Wynnick is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA), and an attorney. She is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (CSCPA), The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), American Bar Association (ABA), and Connecticut Bar Association (CBA). Wynnick graduated Magna Cum Laude from Bentley College with a Bachelor of Science in Accounting, and received her Juris Doctor Degree from the University of Connecticut School of Law. She resides in Milford, Conn., with her husband, Mark, and their two daughters. She reports directly to the Audit Committee and administratively to Scott C. Bechtle, Rockville Bank's Executive Vice President and Chief Risk Officer.
Carla Balesano joins Rockville Bank as Senior Vice President, Executive Credit Officer of Commercial Banking. She has more than over 25 years of strong diversified banking experience in risk management, commercial middle market and specialty lending, and extensive experience in transactions in commercial middle market, capital markets, commercial markets, cash flow/private equity deals, investor commercial real estate, health care and private banking. As part of Rockville's management team, Balesano will be responsible for a group of five credit risk managers who oversee the commercial credit risk function. A seasoned banker who is well-known in the region, Balesano brings a wealth of credit risk knowledge. For the past five years, she was a Managing Senior Credit Officer at TD Bank in Glastonbury, Conn., responsible for the leadership and management of a team of credit officers and overseeing and managing commercial and corporate banking credit activities. Balesano has an Associate Degree from Manchester Community College, and has completed numerous financial and accounting studies, as well as credits in professional development including RMA-managing concentrations in credit risk exposures, risk adjusted limits, credit derivatives, capital markets, hedge funds, private equity, corporate finance, municipal lending, specialty lending, health care and BASEL II. She lives in Glastonbury, Conn. with her family and is proud to be on the Board of Aurora Foundation for Women and Girls. Balesano reports to Mark A. Kucia, Rockville Bank's Executive Vice President, Head of Commercial Banking.
- Melanie Joy joins Rockville Bank as Vice President, Senior Commercial Real Estate Banking Officer, with over 25 years of commercial real estate lending experience. Joy joins Rockville Bank's commercial real estate group with responsibility for loan origination for their Regional Commercial Real Estate Program. For the past 20 years, she was at Liberty Bank in Middletown, Conn., responsible for regional loan origination in their commercial real estate group. While at Liberty Bank, she was promoted to Team Leader – Originations and Underwriting and to Resort Finance Manager, leading a team responsible for an $833 million portfolio. Joy has volunteered her time as a Board Member and Committee Chair of the Middlesex Habitat for Humanity of CT, Inc. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Connecticut and is a graduate of the National School of Banking. Joy resides in East Hampton, Conn., with her husband, Win. She reports to Thomas B. Reid, Rockville Bank's Senior Vice President, Head of the Commercial Real Estate Group.
"I would like to personally welcome our new teammates to the Rockville family," added Bank President and CEO Bill Crawford. "As we continue forward with our mission of being Connecticut's Best Community Bank, we want to become the Company of choice for the best, most experienced, local banking talent."
Rockville Bank is a 21-branch community bank serving Tolland, Hartford, and New London counties in Connecticut. It provides a convenient banking lifestyle for Colchester, Coventry, East Windsor, Ellington, Enfield, Glastonbury, Manchester, Rockville, Somers, South Glastonbury, South Windsor, Suffield, Vernon, seven days a week in Tolland, and Big Y supermarket locations in Enfield and Manchester. A New Haven County Commercial Banking Office is now open and located at 2319 Whitney Avenue in Hamden, Conn. to provide an array of commercial products and services for businesses located in New Haven County and surrounding areas. Later this year, Rockville Bank will open a full-service branch in West Hartford, Conn. For information about Rockville Bank's services and products, call (860) 291-3600 or visit www.rockvillebank.com. For information about the Company, Rockville Financial, Inc. (RCKB), visit Investor Relations at www.rockvillebank.com and click on About Us. For investor relations questions, contact Marliese L. Shaw, Vice President, Investor Relations Officer at (860) 291-3622.
The Rockville Bank logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=10763
CONTACT: INVESTOR RELATIONS CONTACTS: MARLIESE L. SHAW Vice President, Investor Relations Officer (860) 291-3622 OR JOHN T. LUND Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer (860) 291-3626 MEDIA CONTACTS: LAURA SOLL, Public Relations (860) 688-4499 or (860) 833-4466 cell OR LAURIE A. ROSNER, S.V.P., Marketing Officer (860) 291-3616
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines