Gold Card Nominees File Detailed Investor Presentation Outlining Case for Change at Signature Group Holdings
Published on Thursday, 05 July 2012 14:50 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
Urge Stockholders to Support Real Change on the Signature Board By Voting for the "Gold Card" Director Nominees
SANTA BARBARA, Calif., July 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- James A. McIntyre, the largest individual stockholder of Signature Group Holdings, Inc. (OTC: SGGH) and the other GOLD Card Nominees today announced that they have filed an investor presentation with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC") in connection with the 2012 Annual Meeting scheduled to be held on July 24, 2012.
The GOLD Card Nominees believe that the presentation makes a compelling case for the election of their five independent, experienced and highly qualified GOLD Card Nominees -- J. Hunter Brown, Barton I. Gurewitz, James A. McIntyre, Robert A. Peiser and Joyce White -- to the Signature board.
The investor presentation is available at the SEC's website and can also be viewed at www.viewourmaterial.com/SGGH.
Highlights of the presentation include:
- The case for change at Signature, including the:
- Ongoing failures by the Signature Board and management team;
- Continued poor performance and value destruction;
- Flawed acquisition strategy;
- Inability to capitalize on the Company's only significant asset -- $900 million in net operating losses, or NOLs;
- Failure to provide stockholders with current financial information for almost two years;
- Dysfunctional Board and serious corporate governance concerns;
- Abuse of NOL poison pill by current Board; and
- Misaligned link between performance and compensation.
- The GOLD Card Nominees' comprehensive, developed plan to unlock value and protect all stockholders:
- Target a limited number of significant transactions that could PROMPTLY unlock the value of the Company's approximately $900 million in current NOLs;
- Abandon management's current flawed plan to create a complex operating company through a series of small transactions and acquisitions;
- Eliminate unnecessary and egregious Board approved compensation expenses;
- Hire a new CEO;
- Improve corporate communications and transparency; and
- Improve Signature's corporate governance.
- The highly qualified GOLD Card Nominees:
- Extensive experience leading companies as CEOs;
- Significant track records as public company Board members;
- Strong backgrounds in the financial services industry;
- Expertise and backgrounds in corporate governance;
- A commitment to work solely in the interest of stockholders with a plan to unlock the value of Signature's only real asset in a timely manner; and
- A commitment to strong corporate governance and a soundly functioning Board to protect stockholder interests.
SOURCE James A. McIntyre
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Chesapeake Energy Is Close to Resistance
Windstream Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Applied Materials Is Close to Resistance
E*TRADE is Near a Key Support Area
First Solar is Near a Key Support Area
Trading Idea: Is Monster Worldwide close to Support?
Trading Idea: - Is Walgreen close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:35PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
JJsHouse Is Now Providing Big Discounts On Its Bridesmaid Dresses
Online Rebates Browser Add-On Distribution Via Software Bundling Powerful Means of Distribution
Sun Damage – Are UV Rays Addictive?
Ford Plans to Hire 3,500 Workers, Reflecting Job Trends on EngineeringCrossing.com
Zamansky & Associates LLC Announces That It Is Investigating LPL Financial Over An Alleged $2 Million Theft By A Financial Advisor
Nodah.com: New Website Launch with the Best Hotels in the Top 43 Cities around the World
Playa del Rey Moving Company Provides Tips for Moving Heavy Furniture
How To Stop Drafts and Save On Home Energy Bills This Summer - New Draft Stoppers Now Available From Battic Door Energy Conservation