Meritor® Applauds 2013 Michigan Budget Prioritizing the Use of Remanufactured Components
Published on Thursday, 05 July 2012 16:34 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
TROY, Mich., July 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Remanufactured components, such as those offered by Meritor, Inc. (NYSE: MTOR), are quickly gaining ground as a cost-effective solution for fleets.
An example of this took place on Tuesday, June 26, when Gov. Rick Snyder signed the Michigan Fiscal Year 2013 Budget which extended a law prioritizing the use of remanufactured parts throughout most of the state's motor vehicle fleet.
This effort was applauded by Meritor as well as the Motor & Equipment Remanufacturers Association (MERA). The Michigan fiscal year budget will run through Sept. 30, 2013.
"Remanufactured parts are an effective way for fleets to ensure the performance of their vehicles while keeping maintenance costs contained," said Joe Mejaly, president, Aftermarket and Trailer, Meritor. "These parts typically cost much less than the price of a new part, and the performance is as good or, in some cases, better than the original."
"Setting a priority for the acquisition of remanufactured parts is an important example of Michigan's efforts to secure the greatest value for its taxpayers," said Jerry Rush, senior director, Government and Community Relations, Meritor.
About Meritor, Inc.
Meritor, Inc. is a leading global supplier of drivetrain, mobility, braking and aftermarket solutions for commercial vehicle and industrial markets. With more than a 100-year legacy of providing innovative products that offer superior performance, efficiency and reliability, the company serves commercial truck, trailer, off-highway, defense, specialty and aftermarket customers in more than 70 countries. Meritor is based in Troy, Mich., United States, and is made up of more than 10,000 diverse employees who apply their knowledge and skills in manufacturing facilities, engineering centers, joint ventures, distribution centers and global offices in 19 countries. Common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MTOR. For important information, visit the company's website at meritor.com.
SOURCE Meritor, Inc.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines