FREEBIRDS World Burrito Opens First Location in Kansas
Published on Thursday, 05 July 2012 16:51 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
MISSION, Kan., July 5, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- (6029 Metcalf Ave Mission, KS 66202) - FREEBIRDS World Burrito, the fast casual burrito joint with a rock 'n' roll attitude, announced today it will open in Mission, KS on Thursday, July 12. The Mission location is the first site for FB Midwest Development, LLC, the first franchisee of FREEBIRDS World Burrito. To celebrate the Grand Opening, FREEBIRDS will give the first 25 guests in line FREE burritos for a year!
FREEBIRDS is about awesome burritos (plus tacos, burrito bowls, salads, quesadillas, nachos, margaritas and more) and freedom of choice. As guests join the queue, they are partnered with a team member, known as a "Roller," who helps them choose from four sizes of burrito made from four possible flavors of tortilla. Burritos are hand-rolled with the guest's personal selection from more than 40 freshly prepared ingredients including grass fed beef, hormone-free chicken, or all natural slow roasted carnitas, hand cut veggies, homemade salsas including the signature Death Sauce and Bad *ss BBQ sauce, queso and guacamole. There are over 35 TRILLION combinations for a FREEBIRDS burrito. The restaurants have a free-spirited ambience with a rockin' soundtrack, a Statue of Liberty riding a motorcycle busting through the wall (dubbed "Libby") and inspiring quotes on the wall. It's Not Normal!®
In the days leading up to the Grand Opening, FREEBIRDS and its charitable arm, World Works will conduct the following pre-opening events that are open to the public:
– Monday, July 9, 2012: FREEBIRDS Mission Crossing will partner with Susan G. Komen for the Cure from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and again at 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. The first 250 guests during each time slot will enjoy complimentary food and drinks in exchange for a minimum $5 donation to Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
– Tuesday, July 10, 2012: FREEBIRDS Mission Crossing will partner with Harvesters the Community Food Bank from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and again at 5:00pm-7:00pm. The first 250 guests at each time slot will enjoy complimentary food and drinks in exchange for a minimum $5 donation to Harvesters the Community Food Bank.
The new FREEBIRDS will employ approximately 60 team members from the local community. FREEBIRDS Mission Crossing is located at 6029 Metcalf Ave in Mission, KS 66202. The restaurant can be reached directly at (913) 236.9830. Hours are Monday through Thursday 10:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., Friday through Saturday 10:30 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. and Sunday 10:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
FREEBIRDS offers online ordering and full service catering to feed 10 – 10,000. For more information or to place an order, visit www.freebirds.com.
This is FB Midwest Development, LLC's first restaurant. FB Midwest Development is the first franchisee of FREEBIRDS World Burrito, whose parent company is Tavistock Restaurants, LLC. Tavistock Restaurants currently operates over 75 FREEBIRDS in California, Texas and Oklahoma.
Please read more about this business and their philanthropic pursuits here: http://freebirds.com/world-works/
ABOUT FREEBIRDS WORLD WORKS
The FREEBIRDS mission is to feed your belly and your soul. To help achieve this mission, FREEBIRDS World Works was created as the charitable arm of the popular restaurant chain with a mission to give back to the community by inspiring staff and guests to get involved and create a movement of giving. Every FREEBIRDS World Burrito location is partnered with two charities to help create awareness, act as a volunteer resource and become ambassadors of their designated non-profit partners.
About Susan G. Komen for the Cure
Susan G. Komen for the Cure's promise is to save lives and end breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality care for all and energizing science to find the cures.
About Harvesters the Community Food Bank
Harvesters mission is to feed hungry people today and works to end hunger tomorrow.
- Choice Hotels Teams Up With Yelp, Travel Channel, Food Network and HGTV to Help Travelers Plan Summer Vacations
- Invesco Private Capital to Hold "Tools for Success" Forum
- Mobiquity Networks Launches Mobile Campaign to Promote Pop Star's upcoming Tour
- MDC Partners Expands Global Footprint with China Offerings
- General Mills Will Web Cast Its Presentation At The Citi 2013 Global Consumer Conference
- First Large-Scale Population-Based Study in the U.S. Shows Hologic's 3D Mammography (Breast Tomosynthesis) Significantly Reduces Recall Rates While Simultaneously Improving Cancer Detection
- Foraco International SA shareholders meeting declared a dividend of CDN$ 0.055
- Privileged World Travel Club, Inc. Set to acquire controlling interest in Travel Marvelz of San Diego
- Newcrest Mining Limited - Statement from Newcrest regarding NSW Land and Environment Court decision of 17 May 2013
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Levi & Korsinsky, LLP Announces Investigation into Possible Breaches of Fiduciary Duty by the Board of SoundBite Communications, Inc. in Connection with the Sale of the Company to Genesys
Related Partner Headlines
- Petronas Posts 30% Decline In Q2 Net Profit - Benzinga
- Mail.Ru H1 Net Profit Rises 54.3% - Benzinga
- Advanced Medical H1 Pretax Profit Surges 72% - Benzinga
- Markets Jump After FOMC Comments on Easing - Benzinga
- Feel the Energy and Excitement of the Forex & Options Expo in Las Vegas - Benzinga
- Amazon's Living Social Stake Sees Value Decline - Benzinga
- Fender Withdraws IPO - Benzinga
- Benzinga Market Primer, Friday July 6: Non-Farm Payrolls Edition - Benzinga
- An Introduction to Forex Trading - Benzinga
- Benzinga Market Primer, Friday June 22 - Benzinga
Candlesticks – Hammer
Near Both 50 and 200 Day - Stocks Trading Below 50 and Below The 200
Stocks Near 50 and 200 Day Moving Average Trading Above Both Moving Averages - With 50 day below the 200
Stocks Near 50 and 200 Day Moving Average Bullish Configuration 50 Above 200 Day
Oversold Condition - Below Support
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,295.61 Trade time:11:37AM EDT Value change:▼11.56 (-0.08%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.67 Trade time:11:37AM EDT Value change:▼5.68 (-0.34%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,456.94 Trade time:11:37AM EDT Value change:▼6.36 (-0.18%)
In The Wires
Ridgeline Announces New Texas Facility Installation
Stephan Beringer And Anthony Lye Expand Roles Within Publicis Groupe's Digital Technologies Division -- DigitasLBi And Razorfish
VG Energy Enters into a Strategic Alliance with DAK Renewable Research for LipidMax Field Trials
Ball Corporation Announces Early Tender Results Of Cash Tender Offer And Related Consent Solicitation
Pharmagen To Present At The Second Annual Marcum LLP MicroCap Conference
Ryan & Maniskas, LLP Announces Investigation of SoundBite Communications, Inc.
Experience Miami Romance Month at Residence Inn Miami Airport
Experience the Chicago Blues Festival and Stay Within Walking Distance at Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel