Worst Performing Dow Component: Hewlett Packard
Published on Friday, 06 July 2012 12:35 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, July 6th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is lower trading at 12710.1, which represents -1.45% versus its previous trading session close, with only one component trading in positive territory.
Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $71.16 representing 0.11% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Wal-Mart, the biggest retailer in the world have defined support at $57.18 and resistance at $68.66.
McDonald's (NYSE:MCD) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $89.16 representing -0.16% from its previous close. McDonald's, the largest restaurant chain in the world has calculated support and resistance levels at $86.01 and $90.76 respectively. The other top performer this morning is Kraft (NYSE:KFT), which is trading at $39 representing -0.18% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Hewlett Packard (NYSE:HPQ) that is trading at $19.6 or -3.35% from the previous close. Shares of Hewlett Packard, the maker of printers and personal computers have defined support at $19.12 and resistance at $22.75. Also among the worst performers we have Alcoa (NYSE:AA), which is trading at $8.64 representing -3.2% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for June delivery is also trading lower at $91.44 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange lower by $-0.22 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1349.59, which represents -1.32% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 2925.51 that represents -1.7% from previous session.
- TradersHuddle Dow's Update, In focus:KO, HPQ, CAT, VZ, BA
- Approaching Support: Alcoa
- Sam's Club Supports Small Business in Southern California
- Trading Idea: What to Expect with Alcoa Breaking Support
- Critical Alerts For Walmart, Yahoo, KLA Tencor, Ulta Salon Cosmetics, and Live Nation Released By InvestorsObserver
- Dow Jones Round Up - Lower: HPQ, MSFT, PFE
- Sam's Club Launches 25-City Small Business "Boot Camp" Series
- Trading Idea: Is Alcoa close to Support?
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: UNH, INTC, MCD
- McDonald's Global Comparable Sales Rise 2.6% In May
Related Partner Headlines
- Hewlett-Packard Co (HPQ): Today's Featured Computer Hardware Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Walmart's "Meh" Quarter Doesn't Excite Investors (WMT, TGT, COST, AMZN) - Investopedia
- Dow Today: Wal-Mart Stores (WMT) Lower - TheStreet.com
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc (WMT): Today's Featured Retail Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: McDonald's Corporation (MCD) Lower - TheStreet.com
- McDonald's to Replace Head of U.S. Operations - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Wal-Mart Q3 Profit Rises 9% - Benzinga
- Hewlett-Packard Fourth Quarter Earnings Preview - Investopedia
- Dow Today: McDonald's Corporation (MCD) Higher - TheStreet.com
- 3 Stocks Pushing The Technology Sector Lower - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,112.19 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼206.04 (-1.35%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,628.93 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼22.88 (-1.39%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,443.20 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼38.98 (-1.12%)
In The Wires
Gothic Thriller "Hemlock Grove" Back On Netflix For A Second Season
Enerplus Announces Investor Day Webcast Details
Morguard Sunstone Real Estate Income Fund Liquidation and Payment Schedule
Race Across America Powered By Trane Speeds Through Indiana
Lender Processing Services, Inc. Announces an Adjustment to the Consideration Mix in Its Acquisition by Fidelity National Financial, Inc.
U.S. Market Cap Guidelines Updated and Several Constituent Changes Announced for the S&P SmallCap 600
Timbercreek Mortgage Investment Corporation June 2013 Dividend
Timbercreek Senior Mortgage Investment Corporation June 2013 Dividend