Casino Stocks Wrap Up - Lower: ASCA, PENN
Published on Friday, 06 July 2012 17:06 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, July 6th (TradersHuddle.com) - Casino stocks ended the session lower by closing -1.05% versus their previous day close. Casino stocks had widespread weakness with 2 out of 7 casino companies trading higher.
Ameristar Casinos (NASDAQ:ASCA) was the top performer of the casino stocks today closing at $18.06 representing 0.61%. versus the previous trading session. The shares of Ameristar Casinos, the gaming company that owns and operates casinos resorts in several states in the U.S. have defined support at $17.34 and resistance at $19.38.
Penn National Gaming (NASDAQ:PENN) was also among the top performers, closed the trading session at $45.21 representing 0.51% from its previous close. Penn National Gaming, the owner and operator of casinos in Mississippi, and a riverboat gaming facility in Louisiana has calculated support and resistance levels at $43.37 and $46.55 respectively.
Casino Stocks worst performers include Las Vegas Sands (NYSE:LVS) that closed the trading session at $42.29 or -2.95% from the previous close. Las Vegas Sands, the owner and operator of casino resorts and convention centers in the U.S., Macau, and Singapore shares have defined support at $41.75 and resistance at $44.10. Also among the worst performers was MGM Resorts (NYSE:MGM), which closed the trading session at $10.72 representing -2.5% from the previous trading session.
Casino stocks underperformed the broad market S&P 500 Index that closed the trading session at 1354.68, -12.9 points or -0.94% from the previous trading session.
- Casino Stocks Mid-Day Round Up - Lower: WYNN, LVS
- MGM Resorts International Ranks In Top 100 For MBA Students
- Is Las Vegas Sands Setting up for a Break Out?
- Sector Wrap Up - Casinos Higher: MGM, PNK
- MGM Resorts International & AEG Enter Into Definitive Joint Venture Agreement To Develop New Las Vegas Arena
- MGM Resorts Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
- Casinos Outperfomed: PNK, WYNN
- Is MGM Resorts Setting up for a Break Out?
- Casino Stocks Wrap Up - Lower: ISLE, PNK
- Is Las Vegas Sands Close to Support?
Related Partner Headlines
- UPDATE: Deutsche Bank Reiterates Buy Rating, Raises PT on Penn National Gaming - Benzinga
- Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVS): Today's Featured Leisure Winner - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Imperial Capital Upgrades Penn National Gaming to Outperform, Raises PT - Benzinga
- Mid-Day Markets Update: Markets Recover on Fiscal Cliff Meeting; Casino Stocks Continue to Ramp - Benzinga
- Sears Among Services' Biggest Movers on November 16, 2012 - Investopedia
- Penn National Issues Proposal for $480M Hollywood Casino in Philly - Benzinga
- MGM Resorts International (MGM): Today's Featured Leisure Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Las Vegas Sands Corp Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (LVS) - TheStreet.com
- Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVS): Today's Featured Leisure Laggard - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Deutsche Bank Reinitiates Coverage on Penn National Gaming at Buy - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,112.19 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼206.04 (-1.35%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,628.93 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼22.88 (-1.39%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,443.20 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
Raytheon unveils Excalibur with dual-mode guidance
Tetragon Financial Group Limited (TFG) Monthly Update For May 2013
Raytheon's next generation of Enhanced Paveway™ II provides improved capability, performance
Youku Tudou and Qualcomm Collaborate to Provide High Quality Video on its Mobile Platform
Financeacceleration.com Announces 5 Reasons Setting Financial Goals is Important
Do the Bride a Favor GIVEs Top 5 Tips to Finding a Wedding Planner
TEMIA Spotlights Valicom Mobile Services Case Study
Sikorsky, Boeing Form Joint Venture to Offer Saudi Rotorcraft Logistics and Training