Youku Premium Enters into Licensing Agreement with NBCUniversal International Television Distribution in China
Published on Monday, 09 July 2012 08:26 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
NBCUniversal Films Available for On-Demand Viewing on Youku Premium
BEIJING, July 9, 2012 /PRNewswire-Asia/ -- Youku Inc. (NYSE: YOKU), China's leading Internet television company ("Youku"), has entered into a multiple-year agreement with NBCUniversal International Television Distribution for the video-on-demand rights in China to a broad collection of current, library and upcoming NBCUniversal feature films. The films -- including Schindler's List, The Mummy, The Mummy Returns, The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, Jurassic Park, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park III and Apollo 13 -- will be available for on-demand viewing through Youku Premium.
In addition to a yearly rotating selection of more than 100 classic titles from NBCUniversal's rich catalogue, including such Oscar® winners and critical favorites as Trainspotting, Being John Malkovich, and The Big Lebowski, the new agreement also covers upcoming NBCUniversal releases. These will include Contraband, Safe House, The Lorax, and summer tentpole releases Battleship and Snow White & The Huntsman. The new films will appear on Youku's platform for paid on-demand viewing after their China theatrical releases.
"Youku has been steadily broadening and deepening our partnerships with Chinese and international studios," said Huilong Zhu, Youku's vice president of movie operations and corporate development. "Our new agreement with NBCUniversal is one more step forward towards our goal of offering the highest quality content to Youku's more than 300 million viewers. The new agreement best demonstrates the confidence that we and our partners share in the growth of Youku Premium."
Youku has signed deals to license content from a number of major international studios including Disney, Paramount, Dreamworks, Warner Bros and 20th Century Fox.
Youku Inc. is China's leading Internet television company. Our Internet television platform enables users to search, view and share high-quality video content quickly and easily across multiple devices. Youku, which stands for "what's best and what's cool" in Chinese, is the most recognized online video brand in China. Youku's American depositary shares, each representing 18 of our Class A ordinary shares, are traded on NYSE under the symbol "YOKU".
About NBCUniversal International Television Distribution
NBCUniversal International Television Distribution, a division of NBCUniversal, is responsible for the distribution of NBCUniversal product to all forms of television and new media outside of the U.S. and Canada. This includes a rich library of more than 4,000 feature films and 75,000 television episodes, including current and classic titles, non-scripted programming, sports, news, long-form and short-form programming, and locally produced content from around the world.
For more information, please contact:
Director, International Communications
Tel: +86-10-5885-1881 x7128
Corporate Finance Director
Tel: +86-10-5885-1881 x6090
SOURCE Youku Inc.
- Tudou Video Festival Empowers UGC Talents with Sponsors and Marketing Support
- Youku Tudou Collaborates with Sina for Content Promotion
- Youku Tudou Announces First Quarter 2013 Unaudited Financial Results
- Critical Alerts For Pfizer, CBS, International Paper, Youku.com, and InterMune Released By InvestorsObserver
- Youku Tudou to Release First Quarter 2013 Unaudited Financial Results on May 15, 2013
- Youku Tudou Filed 2012 Annual Report on Form 20-F
- Youku Music to Live Webcast Psy's New Debut
Related Partner Headlines
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Reinstates Coverage on Youku Tudou with Buy Rating, $23 PT - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Maxim Group Downgrades Youku Tudou to Hold on Post-Merger Concerns - Benzinga
- Youku Tudou Inc. Announces Appointment of Two Directors to Company's Board of Directors - Benzinga
- Tudou Shareholders Approve Merger With Youku - Benzinga
- Youku Premium Enters into Licensing Agreement with NBCUniversal International Television Distribution in China - Benzinga
- Eyeing a Youku Position - TheStreet.com
- Youku Announces Appointment of New CFO - Benzinga
- Youku Inc (YOKU): Today's Featured Internet Loser - TheStreet.com
- Apple iOS 6, OS X Mountain Lion to Integrate Youku Services - Benzinga
- Youku Inc (YOKU): Today's Featured Internet Winner - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,112.19 Trade time:4:20PM EDT Value change:▼206.04 (-1.35%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,628.93 Trade time:4:20PM EDT Value change:▼22.88 (-1.39%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,443.20 Trade time:4:24PM EDT Value change:▼38.98 (-1.12%)
In The Wires
Echo Therapeutics Announces Closing of Public Offering of Common Stock And Full Exercise of Over-Allotment Option by the Underwriter
SandRidge Energy Transitions Leadership
Newfield Exploration Appoints Two New Members to Board of Directors
Ashford Hospitality Trust Announces Offering of 11.0 Million Shares of Common Stock
Vocera® Wins 'Best in KLAS' for Excellence in Healthcare Communication
Calloway's Nursery Announces Updated and Amended Bylaws
Amgen Award For Science Teaching Excellence Honors Outstanding Teachers
Sino Agro Food, Inc. Replaces Audit Firm with Anthony Kam and Associates, Ltd.