Raytheon Advanced Tactical System readies for 2.0 launch
Published on Tuesday, 10 July 2012 04:36 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
Leverages mobile technology for the warfighter
FARNBOROUGH, England, July 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) announced a fall release of its Raytheon Advanced Tactical System 2.0, which leverages the Google Android™ mobile platform to bring intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) data to the warfighter. The 2.0 release will provide enhanced capabilities with interactive communications providing secure situational awareness, full motion video, buddy tracking and secure chat features.
"Our latest release significantly enhances ISR information sharing between Edge users and major ISR databases such as Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS) enterprises, allowing users to quickly access intelligence data in real time from anywhere in the world," said Mark Bigham, vice president of Defense and Civil Mission Solutions for Raytheon's Intelligence and Information Systems business.
Raytheon Advanced Tactical System, launched in April 2009, delivers multimedia content faster, in less time to warfighters and provides a common mobile device for tactical situations. Field trials for the 2.0 release were completed in April 2012. The Raytheon Advanced Tactical System 2.0 enhancements include:
- A secure Android-based Real-Time Situational Awareness (RTSA) solution supporting warfighters to the tactical edge, search and rescue, law enforcement and special operations missions.
- Multimode and multimedia interactive communication for intelligence and information collaboration that operates on the latest Android 4.0 operating system for both handhelds and tablets.
- Bi-directional network database access through Raytheon's THUNDR product, providing access to DCGS and comparable data sources.
- Portable, light-weight and feature-rich capabilities that include FIPS 140-2 encryption compliance, full motion video, buddy tracking, secure chat with attachments, status, incident and situation reports and more.
- Multiple communications paths via 3G, WiFi and other tactical military radios.
The Raytheon Advanced Tactical System device disseminates vital intelligence data via the DCGS Intelligence Backbone (DIB) architecture system. Information is shared instantly and securely on the DIB and is searchable to mobile device users and other DIB users. Raytheon has demonstrated how the device provides the warfighter the ability to make decisions in seconds and minutes, rather than hours.
Raytheon Company, with 2011 sales of $25 billion and 71,000 employees worldwide, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 90 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. For more about Raytheon, visit us at www.raytheon.com and follow us on Twitter at @raytheon.
Intelligence and Information Systems
SOURCE Raytheon Company
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines