Atlantic Power Corporation Appoints Terrence Ronan as Chief Financial Officer
Published on Wednesday, 11 July 2012 14:11 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
BOSTON, July 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Atlantic Power Corporation (NYSE: AT) (TSX: ATP) ("Atlantic Power" or the "Company") today announced that Terrence ("Terry") Ronan has been appointed Executive Vice President – Chief Financial Officer, effective August 20, 2012. In this position, Mr. Ronan will be responsible for all of finance-related functions as well as playing a central role in the development and execution of Atlantic Power's operational and strategic initiatives. Mr. Ronan succeeds Lisa Donahue, who has served as the Company's Interim Chief Financial Officer since July, 2011. Ms. Donahue will continue to be available as a consultant to the Company for transition matters.
"Terry is a great addition to our management team and brings a valuable combination of strong financial skills, senior corporate experience and an extensive knowledge of the energy, utility, natural resources and infrastructure sectors," said Barry Welch, President and Chief Executive Officer of Atlantic Power. "In particular, we look forward to benefiting from Terry's deep banking experience and track record of effective leadership as we continue to strengthen the Company's development and continue to deliver long-term value to all of our stakeholders."
"On behalf of the entire Board and management team, I would also like to thank Lisa for her many contributions to Atlantic Power, especially her efforts in the financial and organizational planning for the new, combined Atlantic Power."
About Terrence Ronan
Terrence Ronan is a financial professional with more than 20 years of management and capital raising experience. Most recently, Mr. Ronan served as Managing Director-Finance and Assistant Treasurer at Plains All American Pipeline, L.P., a publicly traded master limited partnership engaged in the transportation, storage, terminalling and marketing of crude oil, refined products and liquefied petroleum gas and other natural gas related products. Prior to that, Mr. Ronan served as President and Chief Executive Officer of SemGroup, L.P. where he oversaw the operations of the privately held partnership engaged in the transportation, storage, terminalling and marketing of crude oil, LPG and natural gas. From 2006-2008, Mr. Ronan served as Managing Director at Merrill Lynch Capital where he co-founded the start-up Energy Finance practice, in which he was responsible for origination activities in the midstream and E&P sectors. Mr. Ronan also spent 14 years at Bank of America, culminating in his role as Managing Director where he focused on financing industry leading E&P, midstream and refining and marketing companies.
In addition to his corporate career, Mr. Ronan served in the U.S. Navy from 1981 to 2007, retiring after 26 years of service with the rank of Captain. Mr. Ronan graduated with a B.S. from Bates College and later received an MBA from the University of Michigan Ross School of Business.
About Atlantic Power
Atlantic Power is a leading publicly traded, power generation and infrastructure company with a well diversified portfolio of assets in the United States and Canada. The Company's power generation projects sell electricity to utilities and other large commercial customers under long-term power purchase agreements, which seek to minimize exposure to changes in commodity prices. The net generating capacity of the Company's projects is approximately 2,140 MW, consisting of interests in 31 operational power generation projects across 11 states and 2 provinces and an 84-mile, 500 kilovolt electric transmission line located in California. In addition, the Company has one 53 MW biomass project under construction in Georgia and one approximately 300 MW wind project under construction in Oklahoma. Atlantic Power also owns a majority interest in Rollcast Energy, a biomass power plant developer in Charlotte, NC. Atlantic Power is incorporated in British Columbia, headquartered in Boston and has offices in Chicago, Toronto, Vancouver and San Diego.
The Company's corporate strategy is to increase the value of the company through accretive acquisitions in North American markets while generating stable, contracted cash flows from its existing assets to sustain its dividend payout to shareholders. The Company's dividend is currently paid monthly at an annual rate of Cdn$1.15 per share.
Atlantic Power has a market capitalization of approximately $1.6 billion and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AT and on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ATP. For more information, please visit the Company's website at www.atlanticpower.com or contact:
Atlantic Power Corporation
Amanda Wagemaker, Investor Relations
SOURCE Atlantic Power Corporation
- Atlantic Power Corporation Announces May 2013 Common Share Dividend
- Atlantic Power Corporation to Present at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch Global Energy and Power Leveraged Finance Conference
- Atlantic Power Corporation Releases First Quarter 2013 Results
- Atlantic Power Corporation Announces the Completed Sale of its Interests in the Path 15 Transmission Line and the Syndication of its Tax Equity Investment in Canadian Hills
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Levi & Korsinsky Notifies Investors with Losses on Their Investment in Atlantic Power of Class Action Lawsuit and the Deadline of May 7, 2013 to Seek a Lead Plaintiff Position
- Atlantic Power Corporation Announces Timing Of First Quarter 2013 Results & Conference Call
- Atlantic Power Corporation Announces April 2013 Common Share Dividend
- Atlantic Power Corporation Announces the Completed Sale of Three Florida Facilities and Provides an Update on Other Asset Sales
- Atlantic Power Corporation Adopts Advance Notice Policy
- Brower Piven Encourages Investors Who Have Losses in Excess of $200,000 from Investment in Atlantic Power Corporation to Inquire About the Lead Plaintiff Position in Securities Fraud Class Action Lawsuit Before the May 7, 2013 Lead Plaintiff Deadline -- A
Related Partner Headlines
- Atlantic Power Corporation Announces Agreement to Acquire Ridgeline Energy Holdings - Benzinga
- UPDATE: National Bank Financial Downgrades Atlantic Power to Hold on Weak Guidance - Benzinga
- Utilities Stocks, Including Korea Electric Power Corporation, Making Big Moves on November 6, 2012 - Investopedia
- UPDATE: Desjardins Capital Markets Downgrades Atlantic Power to Hold on Weaker Outlook - Benzinga
- Atlantic Power Corporation Stock Upgraded (AT) - TheStreet.com
- Atlantic Power Corporation Appoints Terrence Ronan as Chief Financial Officer - Benzinga
- Atlantic Stock Falls On Unusually High Volume (AT) - TheStreet.com
- Atlantic Power Corporation Announces Pricing of Public Offering of Unsecured Convertible Debentures on a Bought Deal Basis - Benzinga
- Atlantic Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (AT) - TheStreet.com
- Atlantic Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tuesday (AT) - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Is Priceline.com Coming Down?
Google Is Near a Key Resistance Area
Above Resistance: United Technologies
Trading Idea: What to Expect as Devon Energy Breaks Resistance
Micron Technology Is Near a Key Resistance Area
IMAX Is Moving Above Resistance
Trading Idea: - Is Bank of America close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,407.51 Trade time:1:59PM EDT Value change:▲72.23 (0.47%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,672.44 Trade time:1:59PM EDT Value change:▲6.15 (0.37%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,508.09 Trade time:1:59PM EDT Value change:▲11.66 (0.33%)
In The Wires
Randy Jackson And HSN Celebrate Memorial Day With "American Tribute Event"
Crest Financial Protests Clearwire's Delay of Vote on Sprint-Clearwire Merger and Urges Clearwire Board and Stockholders to Reject Sprint's New Offer
Covenant Health and MemorialCare Health System Receive National Honors for Improving Care Quality, Creating $20M in Savings
KeyBank Pledges 5 Percent Annual Increase in SBA-Guaranteed Loans to Veteran-Owned Small Businesses
ENR Global Construction Summit to Explore Impact of Globalization, June 6-7 in NYC
To Ensure Timely SEC Reporting and Submmissions, Energy Edge Technologies Corporation (EEDG) Said It Will Recruit a 'Full Time' CFO to Avoid Having to File Form 8-K Late Ever Again, But Expects To Be Fully Compliant This Week and Stay That Way
NCI Building Systems Second Quarter Fiscal 2013 Conference Call On The Internet
AEP Announces Live Webcast Of Presentation By CEO At Sanford Bernstein Conference May 29