Jefferies - Best Performing Broker
Published on Wednesday, 11 July 2012 17:07 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, July 11th (TradersHuddle.com) - The overall market traded lower with the S&P 500 losing 0%. Stocks of Broker / Dealers , with NYSE Broker/Dealer index closing the session at $0, which represents 0% versus previous day close. The index , it had 10 out of 10 components trading higher.
Jefferies (NYSE:JEF) was the top performer of the sector today, closing at $12.62 representing 1.69% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Jefferies, the independent full service global securities services and investment banking firm, have defined support at $12.08 and resistance at $13.34.
E*TRADE (NASDAQ:ETFC) was also among the top performers, closed the trading session at $7.65 representing 1.59% from its previous close. E*TRADE, the online brokerage and financial services provider for individual retail investors has calculated support and resistance levels at $7.39 and $8.20 respectively. The other top performer was Interactive Brokers (NASDAQ:IBKR), which closed the trading session at $14.27 representing 1.17% from the previous session.
The sector's worst performers include Ameriprise (NYSE:AMP) that closed the trading session at $50.25 or 0.04% from the previous close. Shares of Ameriprise, the financial planning firm have defined support at $48.78 and resistance at $52.60. Also among the worst performers was Raymond James (NYSE:RJF), which closed the trading session at $33.28 representing 0.15% from the previous session.
- Update - Brokers Flat In Focus:NMR, RJF, SCHW
- Trading Idea: Is E*TRADE Breaking Out?
- E*TRADE - Best Performing Broker
- Trading Idea: Entry Levels for E*TRADE
- Broker Dealer Stocks Outperfomed: RJF, JEF, IBKR
- Broker Dealer Stocks Wrap Up - Flat: NMR, GS, JEF
- Brokers Flat In Focus:ETFC, JEF, NMR
- Is E*TRADE Close to Support?
- Sector Wrap Up - Brokers Declined: JEF, NMR, AMP
- Interactive Brokers - Worst Performing Broker
Related Partner Headlines
- Titanium Metals Surges 40% on Takeover - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Moves to Not-Rated on Jefferies Group Following Announced Merger - Benzinga
- Leucadia to Buy Jefferies - TheStreet.com
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): Today's Featured Financial Services Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Ameriprise Financial Reaches New 52-Week High (AMP) - TheStreet.com
- Ameriprise Financial Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (AMP) - TheStreet.com
- Ameriprise Financial Third Quarter Earnings - Investopedia
- E*Trade Financial Stock Falls On Unusually High Volume (ETFC) - TheStreet.com
- Ameriprise Third Quarter Earnings Preview - Investopedia
- Earnings Scheduled For October 18, 2012 - Benzinga
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,318.23 Trade time:4:34PM EDT Value change:▲138.38 (0.91%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,651.81 Trade time:4:34PM EDT Value change:▲12.77 (0.78%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,482.18 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▲30.05 (0.87%)
In The Wires
Veris Gold Corp. elects nine-member board
Intercept Pharmaceuticals Announces Pricing of Public Offering of Common Stock
Valeant Pharmaceuticals Prices Public Offering Of Common Shares
New Drug Delivery Partnering Terms and Agreements Market Study Report Available at MarketResearchReports.Biz
Ellington Residential Mortgage REIT Announces Dividend for the Second Quarter of 2013 and Provides Portfolio Update
72nd Common Stock Monthly Dividend Increase Declared By Realty Income
Realty Income Declares Preferred Stock Monthly Dividends
Northrop Grumman Delivers First AQS-24A Airborne Mine-hunting Vehicle to Japan