A Victory for Aereo is a Victory for FilmOn
Published on Wednesday, 11 July 2012 21:29 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., July 11, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- (www.filmon.com) -- In a huge blow to the major TV broadcasters, Federal Judge Alison Nathan has ruled that plaintiffs in American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. et al vs. Aereo, Inc. have not demonstrated a likelihood of prevailing in the case.
While FilmOn is settling its own dispute with the networks, it is now reinstating its live major Network streams in the state of New York with principally the same application of mini antennas as Aereo uses. This includes ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS, etc. The aforementioned network content is geo-restricted to the state of New York's DMA. The other 160 HD channels are largely available worldwide on FilmOn.com which, as Alki David says, "dwarfs Aereo's pitiful local TV offering."
David added "Furthermore, FilmOn is uniquely positioned in every major US market and will soon begin rolling out similar major Network services nationwide.
The fundamental difference, unlike Barry Diller's Aereo, is that FilmOn pays retransmission fees on behalf of all of its paying subscribers. FilmOn feels it's only right to pay the content producers their fair dues.
"This is a significant move in the right direction. Television is meant to be for the consumer and the consumer deserves to have it anywhere and everywhere, whenever the consumer wants," said David.
301 N Canon Drive Suite 208 Beverly Hills CA 90210
Fax: 310 861.1059
111 Wardour Street London W1F 0UH
tel: +44 207 758 0690
fax: +44 207 734 2819
This information was brought to you by Cision http://www.cisionwire.com
The following pictures are available for download:
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines