Raytheon's ATFLIR surpasses 1 million flight hours on US Navy Super Hornet
Published on Thursday, 12 July 2012 03:48 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
FARNBOROUGH, England, July 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Raytheon Company's (NYSE: RTN) Advanced Targeting Forward Looking Infrared pod, which delivers superior electro-optical/infrared imagery and target detection range for air-to-air and air-to-ground mission support, has achieved more than 1 million hours of operational flight on the U.S. Navy F/A-18 Super Hornet.
"This achievement is a testament to the unmatched accuracy and performance of ATFLIR," said Mark Sims, director of Strategy and Business Development for Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Systems at Raytheon's Space and Airborne Systems business. "Raytheon will continue providing critical information to naval aviators and support to U.S. Navy mission effectiveness."
The U.S. Navy's targeting pod of record, ATFLIR has been fully integrated and flight-tested on all F/A-18 aircraft models. ATFLIR offers a common optical path and continuous auto-boresight technology that generates the most precise target coordinates available, allowing the warfighter to respond quickly to enemy threats.
"Surpassing 1 million flight hours is a significant milestone for the ATFLIR," said Capt. Frank Morley, U.S. Navy F/A-18 and EA-18G program manager. "The ATFLIR has been and will continue to be a critical subsystem for the Hornet and Super Hornet in supporting warfighters on the ground and in overseas contingency operations."
In coordination with the Navy, Raytheon continues to improve ATFLIR performance and advanced capabilities. Recent technology upgrades include infrared marker and imagery enhancements.
Raytheon Company, with 2011 sales of $25 billion and 71,000 employees worldwide, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 90 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. For more about Raytheon, visit us at www.raytheon.com and follow us on Twitter at @raytheon.
SOURCE Raytheon Company
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines