Mid Day Update - Broker Dealer Stocks Outperfoming: NMR, MS, IBKR
Published on Thursday, 12 July 2012 11:55 Written by Danny Miller
New York, July 12th (TradersHuddle.com) - The overall market is trading lower with the S&P 500 losing 0.94%. Stocks of Broker / Dealers are , with NYSE Broker/Dealer index trading at 0, which represents 0% from its previous close. 2 out of 10 components of the index are trading higher.
Nomura (NYSE:NMR) is the index current top performer, trading at $3.42 representing 0.89%. versus the previous trading session. Shares of Nomura, the global finanicial services company based in Tokyo, Japan, have defined support at $3.38 and resistance at $3.76.
Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS) is also among the top performers, trading at $13.81 representing 0.73% from its previous close. Morgan Stanley, the operator of a global securities business has calculated support and resistance levels at $13.58 and $15.21 respectively. The other top performer is Interactive Brokers (NASDAQ:IBKR), which is trading at $14.13 representing -0.98% from the previous trading session.
The index worst performers include Jefferies (NYSE:JEF) that is trading at $12.26 or -2.85% from the previous close. Shares of Jefferies, the independent full service global securities services and investment banking firm have defined support at $12.37 and resistance at $13.34. Also among the worst performers is E*TRADE (NASDAQ:ETFC), which is trading at $7.48 representing -2.22% from the previous trading session.
- E*TRADE is Near a Key Support Area
- Goldman Sachs - Best Performing Broker
- Broker Dealer Stocks : ETFC, JEF, SCHW
- Brokers Flat In Focus:AMTD, JEF, IBKR
- Goldman Sachs - Best Performing Broker - Mid Day Wrap
- Is E*TRADE Closing in to Resistance?
- Broker Dealer Stocks Round Up - Mid Day - Higher: GS, NMR, AMTD
- Update - Brokers Higher In Focus:NMR, SCHW, AMTD
- Nomura - Worst Performing Broker
- E*TRADE Is Near Resistance
Related Partner Headlines
- Tyson Foods Earnings Report Shows Steady Growth - Benzinga
- Morgan Stanley (MS): Today's Featured Financial Services Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Morgan Stanley Stock Hold Recommendation Reiterated (MS) - TheStreet.com
- Titanium Metals Surges 40% on Takeover - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Moves to Not-Rated on Jefferies Group Following Announced Merger - Benzinga
- Leucadia to Buy Jefferies - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Bank of America Reinstates Coverage of Morgan Stanley with a Neutral Rating and $20 PO - Benzinga
- Morgan Stanley Exec May Seek Government Post: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- Morgan Stanley Needs to Cut to the Bone: Analyst - TheStreet.com
- Morgan Stanley (MS): Today's Featured Financial Services Winner - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Chesapeake Energy Is Close to Resistance
Windstream Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Applied Materials Is Close to Resistance
E*TRADE is Near a Key Support Area
First Solar is Near a Key Support Area
Trading Idea: Is Monster Worldwide close to Support?
Trading Idea: - Is Walgreen close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:35PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
Kenny Chesney Ticket Prices Slashed by TicketProcess.com; Tickets Still Available For The No Shoes Nation Tour
"Get Ready for Summer Sale" at Sublime Beauty® Continues: New Cellulite Whisperer® Products
Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne Engines Boost Latest Communication Satellite into Orbit
Real Estate SEO Firm Announces Real Estate SEO Pros For Hire Programs
Company Now Offering Real Estate SEO Tips for Real Estate Professionals in All Markets
CRMnext Introduces Twitter Response for Customer Service Management through Social Networking Channels
Tips for Great Content Marketing for Local Search Success
Used VTEC Engine Now Included in Honda Parts Inventory at AutoProsUSA.com