Rubicon Technology - Top Performer Semiconductor
Published on Friday, 13 July 2012 16:51 Written by Danny Miller
New York, July 13th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded higher at $357.01, representing 0.94% from its previous close. The semiconductor index had a broad rally with 26 index components trading higher.
Rubicon Technology (NASDAQ:RBCN) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $10.78, which represents 2.67%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Rubicon Technology, the high-quality sapphire substrates and optical windows have defined support at $9.35 and resistance at $11.57.
Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $25.23 representing 1.98% from its previous close. Intel, the largest chipmaker in the world has calculated support and resistance levels at $25.45 and $26.86 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was Lam Research (NASDAQ:LRCX), which traded at $34.34 representing 1.75% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include MEMC Electronic Materials (NYSE:WFR) that traded at $2.17 or -0.46% from the previous close. Shares of MEMC Electronic Materials, the silicon wafers producer have defined support at $2.23 and resistance at $2.69. Also among the worst performers was STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM), which closed at $4.74 representing -0.42% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis underperformed the broad market index S&P 500.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines