Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses in Excess of $1 Million Investing in General Motors Company to Contact the Firm
Published on Friday, 13 July 2012 20:12 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
NEW YORK, July 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP, a leading national securities law firm, is investigating potential securities fraud at General Motors Company ("GM" or the "Company") (NYSE: GM).
The investigation focuses on whether the Company and its executives violated federal securities laws by failing to disclose that: (1) GM was predicting revenue based on production rather than actual sales; (2) the Company falsely assured investors that it was actively managing its production by monitoring its dealer inventory levels; and (3) the Company assured investors that its inventory management would improve in 2011, which would improve average transaction price.
In July 2011, reports began to surface that GM had engaged in an extraordinary inventory build-up. In particular, an article published by Bloomberg on July 5, 2011 revealed that GM may have been unloading excessive inventory on dealers, a practice known as "channel stuffing," in order to create the false impression that GM was recovering and sales and revenues were rising. By November 2011, GM dealer inventories were 30% higher than they were on September 30, 2010 (the end of the last full quarter before the November 18, 2010 IPO) and 62% higher than they were at the end of 2009.
During the three months following the Bloomberg article, GM's share price fell from more than $31.00 to below $20.00, far below the IPO price of $33.00, and continues to trade around $20.00 today.
Request more information now by clicking here: www.faruqilaw.com/GM. There is no cost or obligation to you.
Attorney Advertising. The law firm responsible for this advertisement is Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP (www.faruqilaw.com). Prior results do not guarantee or predict a similar outcome with respect to any future matter. We welcome the opportunity to discuss your particular case. All communications will be treated in a confidential matter.
FARUQI & FARUQI, LLP
369 Lexington Avenue, 10th Floor
New York, NY 10017
Attn: Juan Monteverde, Esq.
Richard Gonnello, Esq.
Francis McConville, Esq.
Telephone: (877) 247-4292 or (212) 983-9330
SOURCE Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines