Dow Jones Round Up - Lower: AXP, MMM, CVX
Published on Monday, 16 July 2012 12:35 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, July 16th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is lower trading at 12723.3, which represents -0.42% versus its previous trading session close, With only 8 of its components trading in positive territory.
American Express (NYSE:AXP) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $58.65 representing 1.24% versus the previous trading session. Shares of American Express, the credit card issuer and travel services company have defined support at $56.56 and resistance at $59.73.
3M (NYSE:MMM) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $88.34 representing 0.86% from its previous close. 3M, the maker of Post-It notes and Scotch tape has calculated support and resistance levels at $85.34 and $89.95 respectively. The other top performer this morning is Chevron (NYSE:CVX), which is trading at $106.64 representing 0.59% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include JP Morgan (NYSE:JPM) that is trading at $35.43 or -1.77% from the previous close. Shares of JP Morgan, the second largest U.S. lender have defined support at $33.54 and resistance at $36.82. Also among the worst performers we have Home Depot (NYSE:HD), which is trading at $51.22 representing -1.67% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for June delivery is also trading lower at $0 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange lower by $0 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1352.69, which represents -0.3% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 2898.51 that represents -0.34% from previous session.
- Is JP Morgan Closing in to Resistance?
- The Home Depot Declares First Quarter Dividend Of 39 Cents
- Top Performing Dow Component: Hewlett Packard
- The Home Depot to Speak at Goldman Sachs Fourth Annual dotCommerce Day
- TradersHuddle Dow's Update, In focus:PFE, HD, JPM, MSFT, CSCO
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: HD, JPM, MCD
- The Home Depot Foundation Creates $1 Million Fund for Spring Storm Relief and Recovery Efforts
- The Home Depot Announces First Quarter Results; Raises Fiscal Year 2013 Guidance
- Worst Performing Dow Component: Cisco
- JP Morgan Is Moving Above Resistance
Related Partner Headlines
- WalMart May Still Get Its Bank: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- Dow Component 3M (MMM) To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow - TheStreet.com
- 3M Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (MMM) - TheStreet.com
- Local Businesses Take on Big-Box Retailers - TheStreet.com
- 3 Things You Should Know About Small Business: Nov. 16 - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: 3M (MMM) Leads The Day Higher, Chevron (CVX) Lags - TheStreet.com
- Chevron Corp Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (CVX) - TheStreet.com
- 3M Co (MMM): Today's Featured Conglomerates Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: Chevron (CVX) Lower - TheStreet.com
- Oppenheimer Holdings Reiterates Outperform Rating, $130 PT on Chevron Corporation - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,294.50 Trade time:4:53PM EDT Value change:▼12.67 (-0.08%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,650.51 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼4.84 (-0.29%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.42 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼3.88 (-0.11%)
In The Wires
SAP to Accelerate Innovation for Cloud and SAP HANA® Through One Unified Development Organization
iTalk to Begin Multi-Phase Advertising Campaign with ESPN Deportes
Hastings Entertainment, Inc. to Hold 24th Annual Madge Marmaduke Scholarship Golf Tournament
Bengal's Drilling Campaign continues to show 100% Success Rate at Cuisinier in the Cooper Basin
United Airlines Offers New Yorkers All Flat-Bed Seats, On-Demand Entertainment in Premium Cabins
Royalty Pharma Discloses Acceptance Levels of Original Offer for Elan Pursuant to Irish and United States Regulatory Requirements
Sangamo BioSciences Receives $6.4 Million Strategic Partnership Award From California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM) to Develop ZFP Therapeutic® for Beta-thalassemia
Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. To Present At The Deutsche Bank Health Care Conference