Trend Micro™ Mobile Security 8.0 Upgrades Mobile Device Management with Security and Application Control Tools to Help Address BYOD
Published on Tuesday, 17 July 2012 08:29 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
CUPERTINO, Calif., July 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Trend Micro Incorporated (TYO: 4704;TSE: 4704), the global cloud security leader, today announced the launch of Trend Micro Mobile Security (TMMS) 8.0 to give customers the tools to enforce essential corporate security policies while still allowing employees to use their own devices at work.
"Bring your own device – BYOD – creates new challenges for IT as personal mobile tools become important parts of corporate networks and applications," said Steve Quane, chief product officer, Trend Micro. "TMMS 8.0 gives customers the confidence they need to face these challenges."
TMMS 8.0 enhances the enforcement of existing password and encryption policies as well as provides more granular remote wipe capabilities. It also introduces a mobile application management system that allows IT to automatically push corporate apps to iOS, Blackberry and Android devices. TMMS 8.0 is conveniently available as a plug-in for the Trend Micro™ OfficeScan™ solution and easily integrates directly into a company's existing IT management infrastructure, greatly reducing the cost and complexity of deploying a mobile security/management solution.
- Mobile Device Security helps businesses enforce data protection policies that keeps sensitive information on personal devices secure. TMMS 8.0 provides mobile devices with protection from the latest threats and malware and advanced functionalities, such as selective wipe and encryption tools, keeps sensitive corporate information secure.
- Mobile Device Management helps businesses manage a diverse array of mobile devices from a single management console. Additionally, it also covers device enrollment and provisioning, as well as policy enforcement and inventory detail.
- Mobile Application Management helps businesses control which apps may be installed on devices, as well as provides businesses with the ability to push key corporate apps to all devices.
- Mobile Device Protection provides remote lock, remote wipe and password protection for devices that are lost or stolen.
"As personal mobile devices make their way into office environments , enterprises are seeing a much greater need to secure and manage these devices," said Steve Quane of Trend Micro. "The rapid rise of malware threats targeting mobile platforms and the sheer number of devices being brought into offices only increases the danger. TMMS 8.0 is focused on allowing IT Administrators to simplify the management of their office environments, take advantage of the BYOD phenomenon and keep workforces productive and flexible."
Features included in TMMS 8.0 are suitable for both personally-owned and company-owned devices, allowing protection to be tailored for each type of user.
Pricing is per user, rather than per device, unlike much of the competition, and comes with volume based discounts. It varies for new customer vs. existing upgrade, but a new customer can expect to pay around $31.50 the 1st year for 500 users and $9.50 for subsequent years, per user. TMMS 8.0 is available in English at launch, followed by French, German and Japanese languages later in the summer. TMMS 8.0 is available via our network of resellers
About Trend Micro
Trend Micro Incorporated (TYO: 4704;TSE: 4704), the global cloud security leader, creates a world safe for exchanging digital information with its Internet content security and threat management solutions for businesses and consumers. A pioneer in server security with over 20 years' experience, we deliver top-ranked client, server and cloud-based security that fits our customers' and partners' needs, stops new threats faster, and protects data in physical, virtualized and cloud environments. Powered by the industry-leading Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™ cloud computing security infrastructure, our products and services stop threats where they emerge – from the Internet. They are supported by 1,000+ threat intelligence experts around the globe.
Additional information about Trend Micro Incorporated and the products and services are available at Trend Micro.com. This Trend Micro news release and other announcements are available at http://newsroom.trendmicro.com/ and as part of an RSS feed at www.trendmicro.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @TrendMicro.
Apple, iOS, Google and Android trademarks belong to their respective parties.
SOURCE Trend Micro Incorporated
- Trend Micro Reports Results for First Quarter 2013
- Trend Micro Releases Survey on Mom's and Technology in Time for Mother's Day
- OAS and Trend Micro Report Examines Cybersecurity Trends in the Americas
- Trend Micro Shares New Insights and Showcases its Continued Cloud Security Leadership with Innovations for Amazon Web Services at the 2013 AWS Summit
- Trend Micro Ramps up its Cloud Security Optimized for Amazon Web Services
- Technology Leaders and Online Safety Advocates Discuss Internet Safety in Natick, MA
- Trend Micro Q1 2013 Security Roundup Report Highlights Concerns over Zero-Day Vulnerabilities and Increasingly Destructive Attacks
- Trend Micro Expands Facebook Partnership Globally Providing Users Protection for Their Digital Lives
- 2 Grand Prizes, 1 Question: What Does the Good Side of the Internet Look Like?
- Canalys Names Trend Micro as Worldwide Leader of the Small Business Content Security Market for the Second Consecutive Year
Related Partner Headlines
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,354.40 Trade time:4:40PM EDT Value change:▲121.18 (0.80%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,667.47 Trade time:4:39PM EDT Value change:▲17.00 (1.03%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,498.97 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
IBM Analytics Help Arad Group Manage Big Data for Water Meter Solutions
Ford Fusion Energi Earns Top Vehicle Safety Rating from NHTSA
Live Nation Further Expands Presence In Asia, Forms Joint Venture With Lushington
China Xiniya Fashion Limited Reports 2013 First Quarter Financial Results
The "17 Cheat Foods That Burn Fat" Review and Diet Plan Secrets Revealed by Daily Gossip
Intesa, Unicredit hurt by Italian trials and tribulations according to SNL Financial's recent report
Summit Medical Group Welcomes the Center for Orthopedic Care
Used Ford 5R44E Transmission Reduced in Price Online at GotTransmissions.com