Panasonic Introduces The LUMIX LX7, Featuring A Fully Redesigned Lens, Imaging Processor And Engine For Powerful Performance And Outstanding Picture Quality
Published on Wednesday, 18 July 2012 01:08 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
LUMIX LX7 Features 24mm Ultra-wide Angle Lens with 3.8x Optical Zoom*1 and F1.4 - F2.3 Full-range Brightness
SECAUCUS, N.J., July 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Panasonic today announced its new premium digital compact camera, the LUMIX DMC-LX7, from the world-renowned LX series which has been long acclaimed by photography enthusiasts for its high picture quality and creative descriptiveness. The new LUMIX LX7 is equipped with a fully re-designed lens, image sensor and image processing engine for superior performance and stunning image quality.
"The Panasonic LUMIX LX-Series cameras have been extremely popular models for both professional and enthusiast photographers, who understand the value and superb image quality such a compact, affordable digital camera can offer," said Marc Sorkin, Senior Product Manager, Imaging, Panasonic Consumer Marketing Company of North America. "We expect the same enthusiasm, if not more, for the LUMIX LX7, which features major upgrades and improvements resulting in even better image quality."
Equipped with a newly developed 24mm ultra-wide angle LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMILUX lens with 3.8x optical zoom*1, the LUMIX LX7's supreme lens also features F1.4 brightness at wide-end and F2.3 at tele-end. The F1.4 brightness is approximately 400% as bright as an F2.8 lens. The extraordinarily rich amount of light allows for the use of higher shutter speed to capture stunningly clear, sharp, blur-free images in low light situations and also provides impressive expression to images by reproducing exquisite gradation and mellow defocus to elevate photography.
The LUMIX LX7's lens unit consists of 11 elements in 10 groups with five aspherical lenses with nine aspherical surfaces, including the dual-sided aspherical surface ED (Extra-low Dispersion) lens, which has never before been adopted by any Panasonic LUMIX digital camera or interchangeable lens. This advanced lens system makes it easy to produce beautiful photos in high resolution with minimal distortion and a pleasing, soft-focused background. Nano Surface Coating technology dramatically minimizes light reflection at entire visual range (380nm-780nm). The LX7's 24mm ultra-wide-angle lens gives users a wider range of composition possibilities, capturing approximately 136% larger viewing space compared to that of a 28mm wide angle camera. Additionally, the LUMIX LX7's lens minimizes distortion at wide end so users obtain stunning, true-to-life images with outstanding resolution and detail.
The LUMIX LX7 adopts a new 1/1.7-inch 10.1-megapixel*2 MOS Sensor that features an improved S/N ratio by 1.5 dB compared with its predecessor, the LUMIX DMC-LX5*3 which results in high resolution images with stunning clarity in high sensitivity recording and also in low ISO, reproducing rich gradation with wide dynamic range even when the situation is highly contrasted. The LUMIX LX7's high performance Venus Engine also boasts advanced signal processing. The Intelligent NR (Noise Reduction) system keeps resolution high by optimizing the NR process applied to each part of an image. The Multi-process NR quickly detects brightness in each portion of a picture and applies optimal noise reduction in multiple steps. High-speed digital signal output has been integrated into the LUMIX LX7 to realize high-speed consecutive shooting at 11 fps (frames per second) in full resolution with mechanical shutter and 5 fps with continuous AF (Auto Focus).
Creative Control Mode offers 16 filter options including Soft Focus*4, Dynamic Monochrome, Impressive Art, One Point Color, Cross Process, Low Key, Toy Effect, Star Filter, Expressive, Retro, High Key, Sepia, Hi Dynamic, Miniature Effect*5 and the new exclusive Radial Defocus and Smooth Defocus modes. Radial Defocus adds defocus effect radially from the light source while Smooth Defocus makes defocus figuration even smoother. Photo Style is also available to provide photos with finer expression with Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, Scenery, Portrait and Custom preset options. The Time Lapse Shot function allows users to capture a record of stationary observation for objects such as flowers coming into bloom, wild animals and moving clouds. Additionally, full manual control is available on the LUMIX LX7 so advanced users can enjoy more creative photography.
The LUMIX LX7 features both iA (Intelligent Auto) and iA Plus modes. In addition to the popular functions of iA- POWER O.I.S., AF Tracking, Intelligent D-range Control, Intelligent Scene Selector, Face Recognition, Intelligent ISO Control, Intelligent HDR (High Dynamic Range), Intelligent Handheld Night Shot and Motion Deblur*6 modes- iA Plus mode allows users to adjust defocusing area in the background, exposure compensation and white balance for more flexible control.
Equipped with a new 3.0-inch 920,000-dot Intelligent LCD screen with super high resolution and wide angle viewing, the LUMIX LX7's screen brightness automatically adjusts in 11 steps as surrounding brightness levels change, ensuring easy visibility at all times. To enhance operability, the LUMIX LX7 has been equipped with an aperture ring, internal ND filter, focus lever and rear dial in order to control light source. The newly added Level Gauge detects horizontal or vertical angle of view which is helpful in keeping horizontal composition even when shooting in high or low angle.
In addition to recording stunning still imagery, the LUMIX LX7 also records high resolution full-HD 1,920x1,080 60p videos in AVCHD Progressive (MPEG-4 / H.264) format or 30p in MP4. The LUMIX LX7 features a dedicated video record button on the top of the camera body so users can instantly start recording videos while shooting photographs without changing any settings. Along with full-HD video capabilities with 3.8x optical zoom with step zoom function and POWER O.I.S., the LUMIX LX7 also features high-quality sound, recorded with Dolby® Digital Stereo Creator to offer highly realistic sound to images. The stereo microphone comes with a zoom noise reduction system and an Auto Wind Cut function blocks out most background noise from wind. Additionally, Creative Video mode lets users set the camera shutter speed, which can create special effects in videos, and aperture, which is convenient when there are several subjects at different distances, manually to create even more impressive videos.
The LUMIX LX7 offers rich accessory options for camera expandability to match every shooting situation and style. The hot shoe atop the camera body allows for the attachment of advanced accessories including the optional tilt-shift Live View Finder (DMW-LVF2) which helps monitoring even under strong daylight with high visibility. Additional camera accessories include:
- External Optical View Finder: DMW-VF1
- Filter Adaptor: DMW-FA1 NEW
- MC Protector: DMW-LMCH37
- ND Filter: DMW-LND37
- PL Filter: DMW-LPLA37 NEW
- External Flash: DMW-FL220 (GN22) / DMW-FL360 (GN36) / DMW-FL500 (GN50)
- Genuine Leather Case: DMW-CLX7 NEW
- Battery Pack: DMW-BCJ13
Additional features of the LUMIX LX7 include:
- RAW and RAW+JPEG data recording options
- Aspect Bracket / White Balance Bracket
- HDR mode
- Panorama Shot mode
- 3D Photo mode
- Creative Retouch
The LUMIX DMC-LX7 will be available in black and white. Pricing and availability will be announced approximately 30 days prior to shipping. For more information about Panasonic LUMIX digital cameras and lenses, please visit www.panasonic.com/lumix.
*1 35mm camera equivalent: 24-90mm
*2 Camera effective pixels
*3 Panasonic in-house comparison with the LX5
*4 For photo only
*5 Sound will not be recorded with [MINIATURE EFFECT] and approximately 1/10 of the time period is recorded. (If you record for 10 minutes, the resulting motion picture recording will be approximately 1 minute long)
*6 The picture size may be reduced.
- Maximum time to record motion pictures continuously with [AVCHD] is 29 minutes 59 seconds. (excluding when [SH] is set)
- Motion pictures in [MP4] can be recorded continuously for up to 29 minutes 59 seconds. Also, motion picture recorded continuously in [MP4] is up to 4 GB.
* Leica is a registered trademark of Leica Microsystems IR GmbH.
* The LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMILUX lenses are manufactured using measurement instruments and quality assurance systems that have been certified by Leica Camera AG based on the company's quality standards.
* "AVCHD Progressive", "AVCHD", the "AVCHD Progressive" Logo and the "AVCHD" Logo are trademarks of Panasonic Corporation and Sony Corporation.
* Dolby and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
* HDMI, the HDMI logo and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC.
* All other company and product names are trademarks of their respective corporations.
* This unit is compatible with both SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards. You can only use SDHC Memory Cards on devices that are compatible with them. You cannot use SDHC Memory Cards on devices that are only compatible with SD Memory Cards. (When using an SDHC Memory Card on another device, be sure to read the operating instructions for that device.)
* Some accessories are not available in some countries.
* The use of recorded or printed materials that are protected by copyright for any purpose other than personal enjoyment is prohibited, as it would infringe upon the rights of the copyright holder.
* Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
About Panasonic Consumer Marketing Company of North America
Based in Secaucus, N.J., Panasonic Consumer Marketing Company of North America, a Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American Subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation (NYSE: PC) and the hub of Panasonic's U.S. marketing, sales, service and R&D operations, offers a wide-range of consumer solutions in the U.S. and Canada. The Company's portfolio of innovative consumer products ranges from VIERA Full HD 3D Televisions, Blu-ray players, LUMIX Digital Cameras, Camcorders, Home Audio, Cordless Phones, Home Appliances, Wellness and Personal Care products and more.
Panasonic is pledged to practice prudent, sustainable use of the earth's natural resources and protect our environment through the company's Eco Ideas programs. Panasonic was the only Consumer Electronics company to be listed in the top ten brands on the Interbrand Best Global Green Brands 2011 ranking. Follow Panasonic on Twitter @panasonicdirect, and additional company information for media is available at www.panasonic.com/pressroom.
- Panasonic Announces Pricing & Availability For The Smart VIERA ZT60 Plasma HDTV Series
- Panasonic Announces Availability Of The Breakfast Collection, A New Line Of Stylish, Small Appliances For The Kitchen
- Panasonic Announces Pricing And Availability For 2013 Headphone Models
- Panasonic Supports Fortune Brainstorm Green 2013
- Panasonic's Slimmest, Stylish Digital Compact Camera LUMIX DMC-XS1 is Now Available in 10 Special Designs
- Panasonic Announces Pricing And Availability Of New Wireless Speaker Systems
- LUMIX DMC-LF1 The Superior Camera Choice for Challenging Shooting Conditions
- LUMIX DMC-G6 The New Generation Digital Single Lens Mirrorless Camera for Photo and Video
- Panasonic Announces Pricing and Availability of the New SC-NP10 Wireless Speaker
- Panasonic Announces Pricing & Availability For Its 2013 Blu-ray Disc™ Player Lineup
Related Partner Headlines
- Can Sharp and Panasonic Last Another Year? - Benzinga
- Panasonic Posts Wider Q2 Net Loss - Benzinga
- Panasonic to Supply Lithium-ion Batteries for Toyota Motor's eQ Electric Vehicle - Benzinga
- Moody's Lowers Rating On Panasonic - Benzinga
- UBS Lifts Gold, Silver Price Estimates - Benzinga
- China Posts Wider August Trade Surplus - Benzinga
- Japan Posts Wider Current-Account Surplus - Benzinga
- Panasonic Finally Makes a Profit - Benzinga
- Panasonic Posts FQ1 Profit, Maintains Full Year Forecast - Benzinga
- Sony, Panasonic Join Forces for OLED Production - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,112.19 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼206.04 (-1.35%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,628.93 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼22.88 (-1.39%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,443.20 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
Sikorsky, Boeing Form Joint Venture to Offer Saudi Rotorcraft Logistics and Training
Celebrity Belt Manufacturer Belt-Manufactuer.comTargets Specialty Fashion Boutiques And Celebrity Brands For Submission Of Their 2013 Fall-Winter Lines
The Portland Interior Designers of Garrison Hullinger Interior Design Selected by Pinnacle Management to Update Interiors of Luxury Condo Development, Waterfront Pearl
eMazzanti Article Showcases Windows 8 Touch Technology
Foundation Financial Group Will Take Steps for Crohn’s and Colitis
Used Exhaust Systems Now Listed for Reduced Sale Pricing to Vehicle Owners in the U.S. at AutoProsUSA.com
Used Dodge Ram Control Arms Now Discounted Online for Truck Owners at Auto Pros USA
Used Chevy Tahoe Engine in 5.3 Size Now for Sale in GM Inventory at UsedEngines.co