Youku Inc. to Hold 2012 Annual General Meeting on August 20, 2012
Published on Wednesday, 18 July 2012 09:18 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
BEIJING, July 18, 2012 /PRNewswire-Asia/ -- Youku Inc. (NYSE: YOKU), China's leading Internet television company ("Youku" or the "Company"), today announced that it will hold its 2012 annual general meeting of shareholders at Suite 3206, The Centrium, 60 Wyndham Street, Central, Hong Kong on Monday, August 20, 2012, beginning at 10:00 am (Hong Kong time).
Only holders of Youku Class A shares and Youku Class B shares of record on the close of business on August 13, 2012 (Hong Kong time) (the "Youku share record date") or their proxy holders are entitled to vote at the annual general meeting or any adjournment or postponements thereof. Each Youku Class A shareholder has one vote for each Youku Class A share and each Youku Class B shareholder has three votes for each Youku Class B share held as of the close of business on the Youku share record date. Holders of record of the Company's American Depositary Shares ("ADSs") at the close of business on July 20, 2012 (New York City time) who wish to vote the Class A ordinary shares of the Company represented by the ADSs must act through Citibank, N.A., the depositary of the Company's ADS program.
Youku has filed a registration statement on Form F-4 (the "Form F-4") with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC"), which became effective at 4:30 p.m., July 17, 2012 (New York City Time). The Form F-4 includes a joint proxy statement/prospectus and was filed with the SEC in connection with the previously announced merger agreement (the "Merger Agreement"), dated March 11, 2012, by and among the Company, Tudou Holdings Limited ("Tudou") and Two Merger Sub Inc. ("Merger Sub") and the merger contemplated thereunder (the "Merger"). Pursuant to the Merger Agreement and the plan of merger attached as Annex A to the Merger Agreement, Tudou will merge with and into Merger Sub, with Tudou continuing as the surviving entity and as a wholly owned subsidiary of Youku and the combined entity will be named "Youku Tudou Inc."
INVESTORS AND SHAREHOLDERS ARE URGED TO READ CAREFULLY AND IN THEIR ENTIRETY THE MATERIALS FILED WITH OR FURNISHED TO THE U.S. SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION, AS THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE COMPANY, THE MERGER AND RELATED MATTERS.
This announcement is neither a solicitation of proxy, an offer to purchase nor a solicitation of an offer to sell any securities and it is not a substitute for any proxy statement or other filings that have been or will be made with the SEC.
About Youku Inc.
Youku Inc. ("Youku") is China's leading Internet television company. Youku's Internet television platform enables users to search, view and share high-quality video content quickly and easily across multiple devices. Youku, which stands for "what's best and what's cool" in Chinese, is the most recognized online video brand in China. Youku's American Depositary Shares, each representing 18 of our Class A ordinary shares, are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "YOKU".
For more information, please contact:
Corporate Finance Director
Tel: +86-10-5885-1881 x6090
SOURCE Youku Inc.
- Youku Tudou Announces First Quarter 2013 Unaudited Financial Results
- Critical Alerts For Pfizer, CBS, International Paper, Youku.com, and InterMune Released By InvestorsObserver
- Youku Tudou to Release First Quarter 2013 Unaudited Financial Results on May 15, 2013
- Youku Tudou Filed 2012 Annual Report on Form 20-F
- Youku Music to Live Webcast Psy's New Debut
- Youku Tudou Announces Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2012 Unaudited Financial Results
- Critical Alerts For IBM Ford, Green Mountain Coffee, Symantec, Cablevision, and Youku Tudou Released By InvestorsObserver
- Youku Tudou to Release Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2012 Unaudited Financial Results on February 28, 2013
Related Partner Headlines
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Reinstates Coverage on Youku Tudou with Buy Rating, $23 PT - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Maxim Group Downgrades Youku Tudou to Hold on Post-Merger Concerns - Benzinga
- Youku Tudou Inc. Announces Appointment of Two Directors to Company's Board of Directors - Benzinga
- Tudou Shareholders Approve Merger With Youku - Benzinga
- Youku Premium Enters into Licensing Agreement with NBCUniversal International Television Distribution in China - Benzinga
- Eyeing a Youku Position - TheStreet.com
- Youku Announces Appointment of New CFO - Benzinga
- Youku Inc (YOKU): Today's Featured Internet Loser - TheStreet.com
- Apple iOS 6, OS X Mountain Lion to Integrate Youku Services - Benzinga
- Youku Inc (YOKU): Today's Featured Internet Winner - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Chesapeake Energy Is Close to Resistance
Windstream Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Applied Materials Is Close to Resistance
E*TRADE is Near a Key Support Area
First Solar is Near a Key Support Area
Trading Idea: Is Monster Worldwide close to Support?
Trading Idea: - Is Walgreen close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:35PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
ATK Technologies Support Launch of ULA's Delta IV Rocket Carrying WGS-5
What’s The Best Bed Offers Mattress & Sleep Solutions for Opposite Couples
Zamansky & Associates LLC Files FINRA Arbitration for Investors Against Investors Capital Corporation
Delaware E-Records First Document Through Simplifile
The Cash Store Financial Services Inc. Files Amended Financial Statements
As Summer Quickly Approaches, Car Rental Express (CRX) Suggests Some Great California Wineries to Visit
Adapt or Die: Web Business Owner James Schramko Shares Critical Strategy on Business Growth
Seven Arts Entertainment Inc. Responds To Defamatory And Fraudulent Claim