NASDAQ 100 Top Performer: Check Point Software
Published on Wednesday, 18 July 2012 13:35 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, July 18th (TradersHuddle.com) - The NASDAQ 100 Index is higher trading at 2629.7, which represents 1.47% versus its previous close. The index is mixed for the day with slightly more than 50% of its components on the green.
Check Point Software (NASDAQ:CHKP) is the NASDAQ 100's top performer today with the stock trading at $49.27 representing 8% from its previous trading session. Shares of Check Point Software, the Israeli based security software solutions provider have defined support at $43.18 and resistance at $46.35.
F5 Networks (NASDAQ:FFIV) is also among the top performers, and it is trading at $98.3 representing 7.13% from its previous close. F5 Networks, the application delivery networking Company, has calculated support and resistance levels at $88.37 and $102.56 respectively. The other top performer of the NASDAQ 100 is NVIDIA (NASDAQ:NVDA), which is trading at $13.15 representing 6.31% from its previous close.
The NASDAQ 100's worst performers include Virgin Media (NASDAQ:VMED), which is trading at $24.76 or -2.13% from the prior close. Shares of Virgin Media, the broadband communications and cable television provider in the United Kingdom have defined support at $23.92 and resistance at $25.32. Also among the worst performers Whole Foods (NASDAQ:WFM), which is trading at $92.88 representing -1% from the previous session.
The NASDAQ 100 is underperfoming the Dow Jones but is pretty much equal with the S&P 500. The Dow Jones Industrial Index is currently trading at 12913.8, which represents 0.85% from previous close, the S&P 500, on the other hand, is trading at 1374.27 that represents 0.78% from its previous close.
- Cree - Top Performing Semiconductor - Mid-Day Update
- Shares of F5 Networks Hesitating?
- NASDAQ 100 Mid-day Update: Higher Top Performers: CSCO, NTAP, FFIV
- Semis Underperfomed the S&P 500 :NVLS, NVDA, WFR
- Is F5 Networks Trade Over?
- Rubicon Technology - Worst Performing Semiconductor
- NASDAQ 100 Worst Performer: Cognizant Technology Solutions
- NASDAQ 100's Top Performers: WFM, CTSH, APOL
- NVIDIA Short term Bullish Reversal
- Bears Appeared on F5 Networks
Related Partner Headlines
- NVIDIA Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (NVDA) - TheStreet.com
- NVIDIA Corporation Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (NVDA) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Nomura Raises PT to $40 on Virgin Media on Price Increase Plans - Benzinga
- NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA): Today's Featured Technology Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (CHKP) - TheStreet.com
- F5 Networks Inc. Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (FFIV) - TheStreet.com
- Wall Street Still Isn't Buying Nvidia's Story, But Should You? (NVDA, QCOM, BRCM, TXN) - Investopedia
- Check Point Leaves Investors Feeling Insecure - TheStreet.com
- F5 Networks Inc. (FFIV): Today's Featured Computer Software & Services Laggard - TheStreet.com
- NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA): Today's Featured Electronics Laggard - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,294.50 Trade time:4:53PM EDT Value change:▼12.67 (-0.08%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,650.51 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼4.84 (-0.29%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.42 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼3.88 (-0.11%)
In The Wires
Federal Realty, 2013 Triple Winner, Recognized by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence
JDRF Kicks Off Annual JDRF Ride for Diabetes Research Campaign for 2013
IAMGOLD shareholders re-elect board of directors
DecisionPoint Systems Names Michael Roe Principal Financial Officer
LSB Financial Corp. Announces Payment of Cash Dividend
Five Oaks Investment Corp. to Present at the Keefe, Bruyette & Woods Mortgage Finance Conference
Neurocrine Biosciences to Present At The Deutsche Bank 38th Annual dbAccess Health Care Conference
Opening Date of Nemacolin Casino Announced