Broker Dealer Stocks Underperfomed: AMP, JEF, RJF
Published on Wednesday, 18 July 2012 17:07 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, July 18th (TradersHuddle.com) - The overall market traded higher with the S&P 500 adding 0.67%. Stocks of Broker / Dealers traded lower, with NYSE Broker/Dealer index closing the session at $84.459, which represents -1.76% versus previous day close. The index , it had 2 out of 10 components trading higher.
Ameriprise (NYSE:AMP) was the top performer of the sector today, closing at $52.15 representing 1.74% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Ameriprise, the financial planning firm, have defined support at $49.20 and resistance at $52.60.
Jefferies (NYSE:JEF) was also among the top performers, closed the trading session at $12.73 representing 0.63% from its previous close. Jefferies, the independent full service global securities services and investment banking firm has calculated support and resistance levels at $12.21 and $13.34 respectively. The other top performer was Raymond James (NYSE:RJF), which closed the trading session at $33.97 representing -0.12% from the previous session.
The sector's worst performers include Interactive Brokers (NASDAQ:IBKR) that closed the trading session at $13.3 or -5.14% from the previous close. Shares of Interactive Brokers, the automated global electronic market maker and broker have defined support at $13.97 and resistance at $17.24. Also among the worst performers was Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS), which closed the trading session at $13.9 representing -3.1% from the previous session.
- Bulls taking over on Regal-Beloit?
- Is Regal-Beloit Trade Over?
- Bulls and Bears on the Trenches of Regal-Beloit
- Are the Bears Taking Control over Regal-Beloit?
- Regal Beloit Corporation To Present At The Morgan Stanley Industrials & Autos Conference
- Regal-Beloit, Reversal Soon?
- Regal-Beloit Upside Looming?
- Bulls taking Control of Regal-Beloit?
- Regal Beloit Corporation To Present At The Jefferies 2013 Global Industrials Conference
- Regal-Beloit Formed a Bearish Engulfing Candle
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines