Safeway Bears Firmly in Control
Published on Thursday, 19 July 2012 12:34 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, July 19th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Safeway Inc. (NYSE:SWY) booked a new 52 week low by trading below $15.71. Traders are definitely monitoring Safeway's price action to see if this move attracts further selling, or if this last push down sets a tradable bottom in the stock.
Safeway Inc. (NYSE:SWY) operates a grocery and pharmacy chain in the U.S. and Canada. The Company also has a network of distribution, manufacturing, and food processing facilities. Its retail operations are located in California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Colorado, Arizona, Texas, the Chicago metropolitan area and the Mid-Atlantic region, British Columbia, Alberta and Manitoba/Saskatchewan.
Safeway is currently trading -5.7% versus its previous trading session close, and it has calculated support and resistance at $ and $ respectively. Clearly, with this action this range has been penetrated, and traders will be reviewing price action to establish a new tradable range.
The overall market index S&P 500 is trading higher by 0.48% from its previous trading close, which means that Safeway stock is underperforming the overall market.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines