TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: IBM, AA, BA
Published on Thursday, 19 July 2012 12:35 Written by Gerard Lerod
New York, July 19th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is higher trading at 12970.3, which represents 0.48% versus its previous trading session close, with 17 of its components trading in positive territory.
IBM (NYSE:IBM) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $194.76 representing 3.46% versus the previous trading session. Shares of IBM, the IT solutions and consulting services provider have defined support at $ and resistance at $.
Alcoa (NYSE:AA) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $8.42 representing 1.08% from its previous close. Alcoa, the aluminum producer has calculated support and resistance levels at $ and $ respectively. The other top performer this morning is Boeing (NYSE:BA), which is trading at $74.68 representing 1.07% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include American Express (NYSE:AXP) that is trading at $56.01 or -3.91% from the previous close. Shares of American Express, the credit card issuer and travel services company have defined support at $ and resistance at $. Also among the worst performers we have Verizon (NYSE:VZ), which is trading at $45.1 representing -1.72% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for August delivery is also trading higher at $91.84 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange higher by $1.97 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1379.42, which represents 0.48% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 2974.26 that represents 1.08% from previous session.
- IBM Helps Xiu.com Analyze Big Data to Grow Daily Sales 10 Times
- Leading Vietnamese Bank Reaches New Clients with IBM Smarter Computing
- Top Performing Dow Component: Hewlett Packard
- Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Network Expands In Buffalo
- Trading Idea: What to Expect as IBM Breaks Resistance
- Close to the 50 Day Moving Average: Verizon
- Uganda Selects IBM and Waterfund to Benchmark Water Infrastructure
- IBM Announces New Capabilities to Deliver Real-Time Analytics via the Cloud
- CEVA Logistics Taps IBM SmartCloud to Deliver Real-time Supply Chain Services to Industry Leaders
- IBM Study: Top Chief Procurement Officers Drive 22 Percent Higher Profit Margins
Related Partner Headlines
- WalMart May Still Get Its Bank: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- Could Turn Out Quite Well for IBM - TheStreet.com
- Local Businesses Take on Big-Box Retailers - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: International Business Machines (IBM) Leads The Day Higher, AT&T (T) Lags - TheStreet.com
- 3 Things You Should Know About Small Business: Nov. 16 - TheStreet.com
- International Business Machines Corp (IBM): Today's Featured Technology Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Boeing Co (BA): Today's Featured Aerospace/Defense Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: International Business Machines (IBM) Lags - TheStreet.com
- Starbucks Becomes Caffeine-Fueled IBM With Teavana Buy - TheStreet.com
- Cramer's Top Stock Picks: CLNE, HON, BA, HD - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Chesapeake Energy Is Close to Resistance
Windstream Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Applied Materials Is Close to Resistance
E*TRADE is Near a Key Support Area
First Solar is Near a Key Support Area
Trading Idea: Is Monster Worldwide close to Support?
Trading Idea: - Is Walgreen close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:35PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
Industrial And Commercial Hybrid & Pure Electric Vehicles Market Trends 2013 - 2023: Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth Drivers And Opportunities, Players
Vinitaly Auctions Italian Wines with Zachys in Hong Kong
TitleMax Continues to Grow in Mesa, Arizona
Electric Insulators Market – Germany Leads Among Other European Countries Says New Market Research Report at ReportsnReports.com
New Dealership Website for Hilliard Automotive Built by Carsforsale.com®
Carsforsale.com® Team Releases a New Website for LB Auto Trading Auto Dealership
Crowds on Demand Featured in GQ Magazine
Anonymous Donation Pushes Buffalo City Mission Donations from VoIP Supply Up to 8,000 Meals