Alliant Energy Upside Looming?
Published on Sunday, 22 July 2012 10:54 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, July 22nd (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Alliant Energy Corporation (NYSE:LNT) ended the trading session higher by $0.27 or 0.57% from its previous close. Alliant's price action formed what is considered to be a bullish engulfing candle that could very well signal a continuation of trend or reversal of the ongoing weakness.
Alliant Energy Corporation (NYSE:LNT) provides public-utility service to customers in the Midwest. Its utility subsidiaries serve electric, natural gas, and water customers in Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.
Alliant's recent stock range was formed by a trough where calculated support was defined at $43.00 and by a peak that established the resistance level at $46.00. This range could be used by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in Alliant Energy or traders that are already holding the stock can use the bullish engulfing pattern to their advantage. The pattern provides a defined risk, as it shows where the bears were able to push the stock down, before the bulls step in with a bid.
The bullish engulfing pattern is a leading indicator that provides an alert to the bulls that the trend will continue or that there is an immediate reversal to the short-term weakness seen on the stock. Below an Engulfing Bullish Candle Illustration:
- Is Alliant Energy Trade Over?
- Interstate Power and Light Company declares preferred stock dividend
- Alliant Energy Announces First Quarter 2013 Results
- Wisconsin Power and Light Company Continues To Build On Its Environmental Commitment
- Interstate Power and Light Co. and Iowa Office of Consumer Advocate reach settlement on proposed Marshalltown Generating Station
- Wisconsin Power and Light Company finalizes settlement with EPA and Sierra Club
- Trading Idea - Alliant Energy A Doji Close
- Alliant Energy Corporation declares common stock dividend
- Alliant Energy Formed a Tweezer Top
- Alliant Energy - Bears taking control?
Related Partner Headlines
- Wisconsin Power and Light Company Announces Pricing of $250M Debt Offering - Benzinga
- UPDATE: D.A. Davidson Reiterates Buy Rating, Lowers PT on Alliant Energy Corporation - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Wunderlich Securities Upgrades Alliant Energy to Buy on Earnings Growth - Benzinga
- Interstate Power and Light Company Settles with IUB - Benzinga
- UPDATE: D.A. Davidson Reiterates Buy Rating, Raises PT on Alliant Energy - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Wunderlich Reiterates Hold Rating, Raises PT on Alliant Energy - Benzinga
- Alliant Energy Stock Hits New 52-Week High (LNT) - TheStreet.com
- Benzinga's Top Downgrades With Color for May 7, 2012 - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Ladenburg Thalmann Downgrades Alliant Energy to Neutral from Buy; Lowers PT - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Wunderlich Securities Downgrades Alliant Energy Corporation; Deferred Taxes Slow Growth - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,307.17 Trade time:4:44PM EDT Value change:▼80.41 (-0.52%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,655.35 Trade time:4:43PM EDT Value change:▼13.81 (-0.83%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,463.30 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
SunPower Announces Pricing of $300 Million Aggregate Principal Amount of its 0.75% Senior Convertible Debentures due 2018
The Coffee World Just Got A Little More Exciting
Dentisoft Technologies Offers Dental Symphony Periodontal App (ePerioCare) Integration for Advanced Periodontal Charting
BCC Research Projects the Flexible Devices Manufactured by Roll-to-Roll Technologies to Reach Nearly $22.7 Billion by 2017
Energy Star Certification Makes Leapfrog Lighting’s PAR30 LEDs Eligible for Rebates and Proves the Durability Claim of the Commercial Quality Lamps
Bellatrix Exploration Ltd. Announces The Annual Board of Director Election Results
Condo.ca: Six-Story Wooden Residential Buildings will Line Toronto’s Avenues if Homebuilders have their Way; New York Condo Votes to Make Itself Smoke Free
Profit By Outsourcing Announces 10% Independence Day Discounts on Ecommerce Web Development, Penny Auction Website Development and Shopify Design