AVEVA Presents the Design Efficiency Factors Influencing the Future of Plant Design Software
Published on Monday, 23 July 2012 03:09 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
CAMBRIDGE, England, July 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Business paper introduces new level of plant design efficiency
AVEVA, today announced the release of a new business paper for the process and power industries highlighting the need to maximise the efficiency of plant design. Following the announcement of its vision for 'The Future of Plant Design', AVEVA is sharing its industry insight to help EPCs reduce project costs while improving quality.
AVEVA's revealing business paper introduces the concept of a design spiral as a way to characterise the plant design process and identify how efficiencies can be made. Optimising design efficiency, AVEVA argues, is one essential step in moving closer to the ultimate goal of maximum project performance.
"We understand the uniqueness of the markets we serve", said Dave Wheeldon, CTO & Head of Engineering & Design Systems, AVEVA. "You can't produce plants in volume in the same way that they do in the manufacturing industry. It's not about economies of scale; you must optimise each bespoke process.
"As major capital projects are increasing in size and complexity, the market is embracing joint ventures and sub-contractors to manage risk. This places the project team under enormous pressure to deliver work that is coordinated and meets contract obligations to avoid high penalty clauses. We have seen how improved design efficiency provides an essential and significant contribution to the supply chain."
Focusing on six key areas, including openness, integration and compliance, the paper highlights what AVEVA anticipates will be the main factors driving plant design efficiency.
AVEVA's new initiative 'Defining the Future of Plant Design' focuses on creating a new generation of plant design software which presents new opportunities to maximise efficiency in the design process.
AVEVA is a leader in engineering design and information management solutions for the plant, power and marine industries. http://www.aveva.com/ednotes.
Copyright 2012 AVEVA Solutions Limited and its subsidiaries. All product names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective holders.
SOURCE Aveva Group Plc
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines