STMicroelectronics - Worst Performing Semiconductor
Published on Tuesday, 24 July 2012 16:51 Written by Danny Miller
New York, July 24th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded lower at $360.23, representing -0.4% from its previous close. The semiconductor index tumbled with 24 index components on the negative side.
Taiwan Semiconductor (NYSE:TSM) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $12.91, which represents 1.02%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Taiwan Semiconductor, the largest dedicated semiconductor foundry in the world have defined support at $12.52 and resistance at $13.42.
Micron Technology (NASDAQ:MU) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $5.67 representing 0.89% from its previous close. Micron Technology, the dynamic random access memory chips maker has calculated support and resistance levels at $5.68 and $6.13 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was Novellus Systems (NASDAQ:NVLS), which traded at $40.39 representing 0% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) that traded at $4.58 or -3.78% from the previous close. Shares of STMicroelectronics, the semiconductor integrated circuits and discrete devices maker have defined support at $4.61 and resistance at $5.16. Also among the worst performers was Cirrus Logic (NASDAQ:CRUS), which closed at $26.48 representing -2.5% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis outperformed the broad market index S&P 500.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines