Semis Stocks Round Up - Higher: ALTR, BRCM, CRUS
Published on Wednesday, 25 July 2012 16:51 Written by Christian Paolinetti
New York, July 25th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded higher at $367.14, representing 1.92% from its previous close. The semiconductor index had a broad rally with 27 index components trading higher.
Altera (NASDAQ:ALTR) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $35, which represents 14.12%. from the previous trading session. Shares of Altera, the maker of programmable logic devices have defined support at $29.96 and resistance at $32.48.
Broadcom (NASDAQ:BRCM) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $33.41 representing 8.58% from its previous close. Broadcom, the provider of chips that enable broadband digital data transmission has calculated support and resistance levels at $28.60 and $32.49 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was Cirrus Logic (NASDAQ:CRUS), which traded at $27.85 representing 4.82% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include MEMC Electronic Materials (NYSE:WFR) that traded at $1.71 or -2.84% from the previous close. Shares of MEMC Electronic Materials, the silicon wafers producer have defined support at $1.90 and resistance at $2.69. Also among the worst performers was Veeco Instruments (NASDAQ:VECO), which closed at $30.76 representing -1.98% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis outperformed the broad market index S&P 500.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines