More Upside for Consolidated Edison ?
Published on Friday, 27 July 2012 12:34 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, July 27th (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Consolidated Edison, Inc. (NYSE:ED) booked a new 52 week high today by trading above $64.54, traders are definitely monitoring Edison's price action to see if this move attracts further buying into the stock.
Consolidated Edison, Inc. (NYSE:ED), through its subsidiaries, provides a variety of energy related services. The Company supplies electric service in New York, parts of New Jersey, and Pennsylvania as well as supplies electricity to wholesale customers.
Consolidated Edison is currently trading 0.99% versus its previous trading session close, and it has calculated support and resistance at $58.34 and $63.64 respectively. Clearly, with this action this range has been penetrated, and traders will be reviewing price action to establish a new tradable range.
The overall market index S&P 500 is trading higher by 1.16% from its previous trading close, which means that Consolidated Edison stock is underperforming the overall market.
Related Partner Headlines
- ConEd May Find Sandy's Silver Lining - TheStreet.com
- Consolidated Edison Inc. (ED): Today's Featured Utilities Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Cramer's 6 Stocks in 60 Seconds: PANL LLTC ED MNST GS SD - TheStreet.com
- Consolidated Edison Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (ED) - TheStreet.com
- Consolidated Edison Third Quarter Earnings Preview - Investopedia
- Hurricane Sandy in Pictures - TheStreet.com
- Con Edison Updates New York City Power Outages - Benzinga
- Con Ed Reports 452K Customers in New York City Without Power in Aftermath of Sandy - Benzinga
- UPDATE: Credit Suisse Downgrades Consolidated Edison to Underperform; Premium Too Rich - Benzinga
- Consolidated Edison Inc. (ED): Today's Featured Utilities Winner - TheStreet.com
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,294.13 Trade time:12:25PM EDT Value change:▼24.10 (-0.16%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,648.49 Trade time:12:25PM EDT Value change:▼3.32 (-0.20%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,475.66 Trade time:12:25PM EDT Value change:▼6.52 (-0.19%)
In The Wires
AT&T and NEC Introduce Ultra-Rugged Smartphone Designed for Hard Work, Real Life
Media Advisory - WestJet Encore to unveil its first Bombardier Q400
Lucerne®, Safeway's Exclusive Dairy Brand, Crowns Winner of the Eighth Annual Lucerne® The Art of Dairy™ Art Contest
In-vehicle infotainment gets boost from new Microsoft exFAT file system deals
Astoria Federal Savings Announces Winners of 2013 Teen Photo Contest
All Nippon Airways selects UTC Aerospace Systems for aspirator maintenance, repair and overhaul services
UTC Aerospace Systems receives two Bombardier's 2013 In-Service STAR Awards for excellence in customer service
Minneapolis Marriott City Center Named Official Hotel Sponsor for Twin Cities PRIDE Festival 2013