Dow Jones Round Up - Higher: MRK, CAT, TRV
Published on Friday, 27 July 2012 12:35 Written by Christopher Lynn
New York, July 27th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is higher trading at 13000.7, which represents 0.87% versus its previous trading session close, with only three of its components trading in the red.
Merck (NYSE:MRK) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $44.75 representing 3.28% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Merck, the maker of Singulair and Zocor have defined support at $33.13 and resistance at $44.37.
Caterpillar (NYSE:CAT) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $84.87 representing 1.89% from its previous close. Caterpillar, the largest earth moving equipment maker in the world has calculated support and resistance levels at $78.79 and $85.45 respectively. The other top performer this morning is Travelers (NYSE:TRV), which is trading at $62.68 representing 1.74% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Exxon (NYSE:XOM) that is trading at $86.19 or -0.38% from the previous close. Shares of Exxon, the biggest U.S. energy producer have defined support at $79.78 and resistance at $86.28. Also among the worst performers we have Chevron (NYSE:CVX), which is trading at $108.04 representing -0.21% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for August delivery is also trading higher at $91.44 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange higher by $-1.22 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1375.77, which represents 1.16% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 2931.63 that represents 1.33% from previous session.
- Bulls taking over on Regal-Beloit?
- Is Regal-Beloit Trade Over?
- Bulls and Bears on the Trenches of Regal-Beloit
- Are the Bears Taking Control over Regal-Beloit?
- Regal Beloit Corporation To Present At The Morgan Stanley Industrials & Autos Conference
- Regal-Beloit, Reversal Soon?
- Regal-Beloit Upside Looming?
- Bulls taking Control of Regal-Beloit?
- Regal Beloit Corporation To Present At The Jefferies 2013 Global Industrials Conference
- Regal-Beloit Formed a Bearish Engulfing Candle
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines