Sector Wrap - Semis Higher: WFR, STM, HITT
Published on Friday, 27 July 2012 16:51 Written by Christian Paolinetti
New York, July 27th (TradersHuddle.com) - The Philadelphia Semiconductor Index traded higher at $384.26, representing 2.32% from its previous close. The semiconductor index had a broad rally with 27 index components trading higher.
MEMC Electronic Materials (NYSE:WFR) was the top performer of the semis, as it traded at $1.9, which represents 11.76%. from the previous trading session. Shares of MEMC Electronic Materials, the silicon wafers producer have defined support at $1.90 and resistance at $2.69.
STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) was also among the top performers, closing the trading session at $5.26 representing 5.41% from its previous close. STMicroelectronics, the semiconductor integrated circuits and discrete devices maker has calculated support and resistance levels at $4.51 and $5.16 respectively. The other top performer of the semis was Hittite Microwave (NASDAQ:HITT), which traded at $50.19 representing 4.58% from the previous trading session.
The semis' worst performers include Rubicon Technology (NASDAQ:RBCN) that traded at $9.54 or -2.55% from the previous close. Shares of Rubicon Technology, the high-quality sapphire substrates and optical windows have defined support at $9.45 and resistance at $10.97. Also among the worst performers was Lam Research (NASDAQ:LRCX), which closed at $33.98 representing -1.13% from the previous trading session.
Today, the semis outperformed the broad market index S&P 500.
- Semis Stocks Round Up - Flat: CREE, MU, POWI
- Semis Underperfoming the S&P 500 :RBCN, MU, SNDK
- Sector Wrap - Semis Higher: AVGO, NETL, BRCM
- Sector Wrap - Semis Flat: CREE, MRVL, HITT
- Sector Wrap - Semis Flat: RBCN, CRUS, MKSI
- STMicroelectronics - Worst Performing Semiconductor
- Rubicon Technology - Top Performing Semiconductor - Mid-Day Update
- Veeco Instruments - Worst Performing Semiconductor
- Leading Tech Analyst Updates Outlooks for Ciena, Fusion-IO, SanDisk, STMicroelectronics and TowerJazz Semiconductor
- Sector Wrap - Semis Flat: LRCX, INTC, KLAC
Related Partner Headlines
- UPDATE: Stifel Nicolaus Raises PT to $62 on Hittite Microwave on Favorable Fundamentals - Benzinga
- Rubicon Technology Inc. Stock Downgraded (RBCN) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Rubicon Posts Drop In Q3 Profit - Benzinga
- NXP and More Big Movers in Semiconductors on October 12, 2012 - Investopedia
- MEMC Announces New Appointments To Board Of Directors - Benzinga
- SunEdison Sells 30MW Spectrum Solar Project To Southern Company And Turner Renewable Energy - Benzinga
- Benzinga's Top Upgrades - Benzinga
- Semiconductors Stocks Making Big Moves on July 9, 2012 - Investopedia
- MEMC Electronic Pops 20% on European Solar Project Deal - Benzinga
- SunEdison's 20MW Apex Solar Project Acquired By Southern Company And Turner Renewable Energy - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,112.19 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼206.04 (-1.35%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,628.93 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼22.88 (-1.39%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,443.20 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
Pratt & Whitney Announces More Than 1,000 New Engine Orders; Highlights F135 Engine Milestone at 2013 Paris Air Show
Anite Delivers Significant LTE-Advanced Industry Contribution
Alliance Data's Canadian Loyalty Business Announces New Multi-Year Agreement With Eastlink, Canada's Largest Privately-Held Telecommunications Company
Global Superstar Flo Rida Now Partnering With MusclePharm®.
Bankrate: Mortgage Rates Retreat
Cleantech Solutions Receives $2.0 Million in New Orders for Airflow-Dyeing Machines
Applied Industrial Technologies Declares Quarterly Dividend and Announces Annual Meeting Date
ChinaEdu Corporation Announces Receipt of "Going Private" Proposal