Bulls and Bears on the Trenches of Bank of America
Published on Tuesday, 31 July 2012 04:42 Written by TradersHuddle Wire
New York, July 31st (TradersHuddle.com) - Shares of Bank of America Corporation (NYSE:BAC) closed the trading day lower by $0.03 or -0.41% from its previous close. Bank of America's price action formed what is considered to be a doji close, where the open and close prices are very close to each other, mainly signaling an indecision between buyers and sellers.
Bank of America Corporation (NYSE:BAC) offers banking, investing, asset management, and other financial and risk-management products and services. The Company has a mortgage lending subsidiary, and an investment banking and securities brokerage subsidiary. Bank of America, the biggest U.S. lender, has a very extensive network of retail banking locations in the U.S. The Bank was founded in 1874 and its headquartered in Charlotte, NC.
Bank of America's trading range is defined by a trough, which marked calculated support at $6.90 and by a peak that set the resistance point at $7.40. These levels are closely watched by traders managing their positions.
Traders wanting to establish a position in Bank of America or traders that are already holding the stock can use the doji close to their advantage, since the pattern present a short-term pause in the stock's price action. This pause results in an entry point for traders depending of which way the stock resolves this short-term indecision.
The Doji is an important candlestick pattern that provides information on their own and as components in a number of important patterns. Doji form when a security's open and close are virtually equal. The length of the upper and lower shadows can vary and the resulting candlestick looks like a cross, inverted cross or plus sign. Alone, doji are neutral patterns.
Any bullish or bearish bias is based on preceding price action and future confirmation. In the case of Bank of America, given that the stock finished the session lower, bears should monitor the stock, as it could reverse if it manages to trade above its intraday high. Below a Doji illustration:
- Trading Idea: - Is Bank of America close to Resistance?
- Is Bank of America Breaking Out?
- Dow's Top Performers :BAC, JPM, HPQ
- Is Bank of America Closing in to Resistance?
- Is Bank of America Breaking Out?
- TradersHuddle Mid-day Update: Dow Jones Higher Top Performers: UNH, BAC, JPM
- Bank of America Is Near Resistance
- Bank of America Is Close to its 50 Day Moving Average
- TradersHuddle Dow's Update, In focus:BA, AA, BAC, T, PG
- Critical Alerts For Bank of America Corp, National Oilwell Varco, United Continental, Starz, and HomeAway Released By InvestorsObserver
Related Partner Headlines
- Banks Cough Up $26.1 Billion in Mortgage Relief - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America, MBIA Death Match Hurts Both: Moody's - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America Will Cut to Hit Earnings: Analyst - TheStreet.com
- Why the U.S. Stinks at Mobile Payments: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- Big Bank Break-Ups Need to Wait: Dudley - TheStreet.com
- Bank of America and Berkowitz Follow Different Scripts: Street Whispers - TheStreet.com
- New York Community Bank Opens Faster Than Giants After Sandy - TheStreet.com
- Mortgage Delinquencies, Foreclosures Begin to Drop - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: Bank Of America Corporation (BAC) Leads The Day Higher, Wal-Mart Stores (WMT) Lags - TheStreet.com
- Diamond Foods Valuation Under Pressure - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Pfizer Is Close to its 50 Day Moving Average
Trading Idea: - Is Nucor close to Resistance?
Trading Idea: - Is Devon Energy close to Resistance?
Approaching Resistance: Oracle
Trading Idea: Is GameStop Breaking Down?
Petrobras Is Close to the 50 Day Moving Average
Trading Idea: Entry Levels for Boston Beer
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,307.17 Trade time:4:44PM EDT Value change:▼80.41 (-0.52%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,655.35 Trade time:4:43PM EDT Value change:▼13.81 (-0.83%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,463.30 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
Positive Animal Data Presented at EuroPCR Sets Stage for Advancing Neovasc's Tiara(TM) Transcatheter Mitral Valve into Human Trials
Growing Number of Debt Issues Funding Dividends and Buybacks Causes Concern, According to Standish
Trans World Entertainment Announces First Quarter Results
International Display Advertising Puts It All On The Table - For Restaurants And Bars With Leading Global Integrated Hardware Supplier
Aeterna Zentaris: Posters to be Presented on Phase 1 and Phase 2 Trials with AEZS-108 in Prostate and Breast Cancer at Upcoming ASCO Meeting
Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceuticals Segment Poised to Continue Driving Growth with More than 10 Potential New Product Filings by 2017
Bankrate: Mortgage Rates Rise for 3rd Consecutive Week
FOX Network Selects Level 3 to Broadcast the UEFA Champions League Soccer Final Throughout the U.S.