The PGA Of America And PepsiCo Extend Multi-Year Beverage Partnership
Published on Tuesday, 31 July 2012 11:25 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
Relationship Celebrates 20-Year Mark
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla., July 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The PGA of America and PepsiCo, Inc. (NYSE: PEP) have renewed their longstanding partnership with a new multi-year contract. PepsiCo, maker of iconic beverage brands such as Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Gatorade, Lipton iced teas and Aquafina, has served as the official non-alcoholic beverage provider of PGA Professionals since 1993.
Nearly two decades ago, PepsiCo first made a commitment to The PGA of America and its thousands of Professionals nationwide. Today, PepsiCo beverages will continue to be exclusively served in hospitality and concession areas at each PGA Championship, U.S.-based Ryder Cup, Senior PGA Championship presented by KitchenAid and PGA Grand Slam of Golf. PepsiCo beverages will also be poured at PGA of America-owned and operated facilities, including Valhalla Golf Club in Louisville, Ky., and PGA Village in Port St. Lucie, Fla., which encompasses PGA Golf Club, PGA Center for Golf Learning and Performance and PGA Country Club.
"An impressive line of PepsiCo products have collectively served as the beverage choice for a generation of PGA Professionals," said PGA President Allen Wronowski. "The PGA of America is delighted that PepsiCo has extended our partnership, which will span over two decades when the terms are fulfilled, a reflection of the great value of and influence our 27,000 men and women PGA Professionals have on consumers. With a rich tradition of support at the green grass golf facility level and continued engagement at the Association's major consumer events and golf properties, PepsiCo beverages have become an integral part of the fabric of The PGA of America and the game of golf."
"PepsiCo and The PGA of America have shared a strong relationship for many years, and we're excited to renew our partnership as its exclusive beverage provider," said Stacy Reichert, senior vice president, national sales and chief customer officer of PepsiCo's Foodservice division. "We're committed to supporting the game of golf and its thousands of Professionals across the United States. The PGA of America is a valued partner and will continue to give our brands great visibility in the golf community over the coming years."
PepsiCo has also renewed its support of Golf Retirement Plus™. Founded in 1997, Golf Retirement Plus is a supplemental retirement program for PGA Professionals and apprentices, GCSAA Superintendents, and CMAA Club Managers, which allows them to make their own contributions or have their employers contribute to their Golf Retirement Plus account on their behalf. PGA Professionals may also earn personal retirement incentives by participating in the Golf Retirement Plus Sponsor Programs.
About The PGA of America
Since its founding in 1916, The PGA of America has maintained a twofold mission: to establish and elevate the standards of the profession and to grow interest and participation in the game of golf. By establishing and elevating the standards of the golf profession through world-class education, career services, marketing and research programs, The PGA enables its professionals to maximize their performance in their respective career paths and showcases them as experts in the game and in the multi-billion dollar golf industry. By creating and delivering world-class championships and innovative programs, The PGA of America elevates the public's interest in the game, the desire to play more golf, and ensures accessibility to the game for everyone, everywhere. As The PGA nears its centennial, the PGA brand represents the very best in golf.
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader with net revenues of more than $65 billion and a product portfolio that includes 22 brands that generate more than $1 billion each in annual retail sales. Our main businesses – Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Frito-Lay and Pepsi-Cola – make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world. PepsiCo's people are united by our unique commitment to sustainable growth by investing in a healthier future for people and our planet, which we believe also, means a more successful future for PepsiCo. We call this commitment Performance with Purpose: PepsiCo's promise to provide a wide range of foods and beverages for local tastes; to find innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment by conserving energy and water and reducing packaging volume; to provide a great workplace for our associates; and to respect, support and invest in the local communities where we operate. For more information, please visit www.pepsico.com.
SOURCE The PGA of America
- Pepsi® and Mountain Dew® Kick off an "Iconic Summer" with Prizes and Exclusive fan experiences
- PepsiCo Chairman and CEO Indra Nooyi to Present at the Sanford Bernstein Strategic Decisions Conference
- SunChips Brand And Susan G. Komen Partner To Support Education And Early Detection Of Breast Cancer
- Lay's Brand Names Cheesy Garlic Bread Flavored Potato Chips As 'Do Us A Flavor' Contest Winner; Creator Receives $1 Million Or More In Grand Prize Winnings
- Ruffles Brand Introduces Ruff McThickridge, Star of Ruffles Brand and Ultimate Action Hero
- PepsiCo Declares 41st Consecutive Annual Dividend Increase
- PepsiCo Announces Webcast of Annual Shareholders' Meeting
- Tostitos Brand Identifies Top 'Party-Ready' Cities Just In Time For Cinco de Mayo
- Pure Leaf™ Iced Tea Unveils The 'Perfect Pairings' Campaign With Food Network's Ted Allen
- Lay's Brand Issues Last Call For Fans To Vote On Three Finalist Flavors In The Lay's "Do Us A Flavor" Contest; Contestants Vying For $1 Million Or More In Grand Prize Winnings
Related Partner Headlines
- Find Fiscal Cliff Safety in Pepsi, Varian Medical - TheStreet.com
- PepsiCo Inc Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (PEP) - TheStreet.com
- PepsiCo Inc Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (PEP) - TheStreet.com
- Tingyi, Pepsi Open New Beverage Plant in Zhengzhou, China - Benzinga
- PepsiCo, Suntory Announce Strategic Beverage Alliance in Vietnam - Benzinga
- PepsiCo Inc (PEP): Today's Featured Food & Beverage Laggard - TheStreet.com
- PepsiCo Shows That Snacks And Sodas Aren't Bulletproof (PEP, KO, KRFT, COT) - Investopedia
- PepsiCo Turnaround Under Way as Third Quarter Beats Expectations - Benzinga
- PepsiCo Third Quarter Earnings - Investopedia
- UPDATE: PepsiCo Posts Upbeat Q3 Profit - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,307.17 Trade time:4:44PM EDT Value change:▼80.41 (-0.52%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,655.35 Trade time:4:43PM EDT Value change:▼13.81 (-0.83%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,463.30 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼38.82 (-1.11%)
In The Wires
CME Group Inc. Announces Preliminary Results from its 2013 Annual Meeting of Shareholders
SNC-Lavalin retains investment grade rating
The Laclede Group Prices Public Offering of Common Stock
Canyon announces final annual meeting Board of Directors election results
iSoftStone to Support 2013 MIT Sloan CIO Symposium
SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Law Office of Brodsky & Smith, LLC Announces Investigation of Websense, Inc. - WBSN
Ghana Gold Corp. to Announce Material Information on Thursday, May 23 at 8am
Lifshitz Law Firm Announces Investigation of BMC Software, Amyris, Inc., Market Leader, Inc., and True Religion Apparel, Inc.