US Court of Appeals Reverses Summary Judgment in Patent Infringement Case; LogMeIn Intends to Defend Claims
Published on Tuesday, 31 July 2012 11:35 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
WOBURN, Mass., July 31, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- LogMeIn, Inc. (Nasdaq:LOGM), a provider of essential cloud services, today announced that the United States Court of Appeals has reversed the lower court's ruling that granted LogMeIn's motion for summary judgment of non infringement in a case brought by 01 Communique. The case has been remanded to the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia for trial. A trial calendar has not been established at this time. Despite the Court of Appeal's decision to reverse the lower court's summary judgment ruling, LogMeIn continues to believe that it has strong defenses to the claims made by 01 Communique and intends to vigorously defend against these claims.
About LogMeIn, Inc.
LogMeIn (Nasdaq:LOGM) provides essential cloud services to individuals, businesses, and IT organizations for remote access, collaboration, customer care, and remote IT management. These services are used by millions of people to quickly, simply and securely connect over 150 million internet-enabled devices across the globe — computers, smartphones, iPad™ and Android™ tablets, and digital displays. LogMeIn is based in Woburn, Massachusetts, USA, with offices in Australia, Hungary, India, Japan, the Netherlands, and the UK.
This press release contains forward-looking statements with respect to LogMeIn and the patent infringement lawsuit that involve risks and uncertainties. There are a number of important factors that could cause actual results or events to differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements, including uncertainties or difficulties in defending the lawsuit, including the potential of appeal of the granting of the summary judgment motion, as well as other factors described in LogMeIn's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011. LogMeIn disclaims any intention or obligation to update any forward-looking statements as a result of developments occurring after the date of this press release.
The LogMeIn, Inc. logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=6574
LogMeIn is a registered trademark of LogMeIn in the U.S. and other countries. iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc., and Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries around the world.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines