Worst Performing Dow Component: Home Depot
Published on Tuesday, 31 July 2012 12:35 Written by Christian Paolinetti
New York, July 31st (TradersHuddle.com) - The Dow Jones Industrial Average is lower trading at 13037.5, which represents -0.27% versus its previous trading session close, with 17 of its components trading in positive territory.
Pfizer (NYSE:PFE) is the Dow's top performer this morning with the stock trading at $24.43 representing 3.03% versus the previous trading session. Shares of Pfizer, the pharmaceutical company maker of Viagra and Lipitor have defined support at $21.95 and resistance at $23.87.
AT&T (NYSE:T) is also among the top performers early in the session, trading at $37.96 representing 1.42% from its previous close. AT&T, the communications company owner of the second wireless network in the U.S. has calculated support and resistance levels at $34.24 and $36.00 respectively. The other top performer this morning is Verizon (NYSE:VZ), which is trading at $45.32 representing 0.82% from the previous trading session.
The Dow's worst performers include Home Depot (NYSE:HD) that is trading at $52.35 or -1.69% from the previous close. Shares of Home Depot, the home improvement retailer have defined support at $49.77 and resistance at $54.28. Also among the worst performers we have American Express (NYSE:AXP), which is trading at $57.79 representing -0.86% from the previous session.
Benchmark crude for August delivery is also trading lower at $92.66 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange lower by $0 from the previous trading session.
The Dow is under performing the S&P 500, but is pretty much equal with the NASDAQ composite. The S&P 500 is currently trading at 1381.54, which represents -0.27% from previous close, the Nasdaq on the other hand is trading at 2944.45 that represents -0.05% from previous session.
- Is Pfizer Setting up for a Break Out?
- AT&T 3G/4G Combo Named Best for Speed and Value
- The Home Depot Declares First Quarter Dividend Of 39 Cents
- Top Performing Dow Component: Hewlett Packard
- AT&T 4G LTE Takes Top Spot In Boston In 2013 PCWorld/TechHive Speed Tests
- Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Network Expands In Buffalo
- AT&T 4G LTE Takes Top Spot In Washington, DC In 2013 PCWorld/TechHive Speed Tests
- AT&T 4G LTE Takes Top Spot In Philadelphia In 2013 PCWorld/TechHive Speed Tests
- New International Packages Deliver More Choice and Value
- The Home Depot to Speak at Goldman Sachs Fourth Annual dotCommerce Day
Related Partner Headlines
- Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
- Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: Home Depot (HD) Higher - TheStreet.com
- Taxes Coming? Take a Deep Breath and Do Nothing for Now - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: Pfizer (PFE) Higher - TheStreet.com
- Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Lower - TheStreet.com
- AT&T Offers iPad Mini - Benzinga
- Verizon Communications Inc (VZ): Today's Featured Technology Laggard - TheStreet.com
- AT&T Inc (T): Today's Featured Telecommunications Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Pfizer Inc (PFE): Today's Featured Drugs Laggard - TheStreet.com
Recent Trading Ideas
Chesapeake Energy Is Close to Resistance
Windstream Is Near its 50 Day Moving Average
Applied Materials Is Close to Resistance
E*TRADE is Near a Key Support Area
First Solar is Near a Key Support Area
Trading Idea: Is Monster Worldwide close to Support?
Trading Idea: - Is Walgreen close to Resistance?
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,303.10 Trade time:4:36PM EDT Value change:▲8.60 (0.06%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,649.60 Trade time:4:35PM EDT Value change:▼0.91 (-0.06%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,459.14 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▼0.28 (-0.01%)
In The Wires
Seven Arts Entertainment Inc. Responds To Defamatory And Fraudulent Claim
Voluntary Recall: Undeclared Sulphites in President's Choice® White Grape Juice
Catalyst Paper sells Elk Falls site
South Florida Prepares for Tourism Spike Over Memorial Day Weekend 2013
Celebrities and Advocates Come Together to Get "Pumped Up" About Autism Awareness
MBAC announces voting results for election of directors and ratification of Advance Notice By-Law
Protect Your Bubble Shares Tips on Avoiding Water Damage to Gadgets This Memorial Day Weekend
DUI Attorney Los Angeles | .05 = DUI? Not Yet. Still .08, Spells Trouble for Drivers Over Memorial Day