McGraw-Hill Higher Education Reports 70 Percent Surge in Faculty and Student Usage of Tegrity Campus in 2011-2012 Academic Year
Published on Tuesday, 31 July 2012 13:10 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
Strong Growth in Usage Follows Continued Strong Demand for Lecture Capture Solutions Nationwide
NEW YORK, July 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Lecture capture has become a critical technology and essential component of the modern educational setting due to its proven ability to improve student and instructor performance and results. Increasingly, students and faculty alike are turning to the McGraw-Hill Tegrity Campus lecture capture solution to help them achieve their learning goals and today, McGraw-Hill Higher Education announced strong growth in faculty and student usage of McGraw-Hill Tegrity Campus during the 2011-2012 academic year.
According to a report examining the year's results, McGraw-Hill Tegrity Campus experienced a 70 percent growth in unique student views of course recordings and a 54 percent increase in unique students who use the technology over the previous academic year. Students also spent more time with McGraw-Hill Tegrity Campus in general as the number of viewing hours of recorded content grew by 59 percent during the year. Students typically used McGraw-Hill Tegrity Campus three or more times a week to take notes, review class material or study for exams across a variety of courses including health and science, engineering, math, liberal arts and business/management.
When examining instructor usage, McGraw-Hill Higher Education found a 71 percent increase in unique recorders, or users who automatically record and store course content to McGraw-Hill Tegrity Campus' cloud-based platform. Similarly, the number of recordings by existing users increased by 39 percent and the total amount of recorded content hours grew by 27 percent.
The reason for the strong growth in usage is clear – McGraw-Hill Tegrity Campus improves learning results. According to a Fall 2011 McGraw-Hill Tegrity Campus survey of more than 11,000 U.S. college students, 90 percent of students surveyed indicated that lecture capture increased the amount of material they learned in their courses. In a similar survey distributed to nearly 300 instructors across 21 American universities using McGraw-Hill Tegrity Campus, more than half of the instructors polled claimed an improvement in their students' grades. Additionally, 70 percent of the instructors surveyed said that using McGraw-Hill Tegrity Campus increased their own overall satisfaction with the course.
"Now more than ever we are seeing a steep rise in the adoption of lecture capture technology in higher education, among both students and instructors," said Tom Malek, vice president, McGraw-Hill Higher Education Learning Solutions and Services. "The noteworthy growth of Tegrity Campus usage over the past academic year demonstrates the real value it brings in terms of student and instructor achievement, satisfaction and retention. We are pleased to be such an important part of the educational experience on campuses across the U.S. and look forward to another year of helping students and instructors achieve their educational goals."
About McGraw-Hill Higher Education
McGraw-Hill Higher Education, a unit of McGraw-Hill Education, is a leading innovator in the development of 21st century teaching and learning digital solutions for postsecondary and higher education markets worldwide. Through a comprehensive range of traditional and digital education content and tools focused on improving student learning outcomes, McGraw-Hill Higher Education empowers and prepares professionals and students to connect, learn and succeed in the global economy. McGraw-Hill Education, a division of The McGraw-Hill Companies (NYSE: MHP), has offices in 33 countries and publishes in more than 65 languages. Additional information is available at http://www.mheducation.com/.
SOURCE McGraw-Hill Higher Education
- McGraw-Hill Education Opens Technology R&D Center in Boston's "Innovation District"
- MILA Sector Indices Launched by S&P Dow Jones Indices
- CUSIP Global Services Projects Surge in US Corporate and Muni Bond Issuance
- McGraw Hill Financial to Begin NYSE Trading Under New 'MHFI' Stock Symbol on Tuesday, May 14 at the Opening Bell
- Platts Survey: OPEC Pumps 30.5 Million Barrels of Crude Oil Per Day in April
- S&P Dow Jones Indices Wins Intellectual Property Dispute
- S&P Capital IQ and Kuberre Systems Sign Data Facilitator Agreement
- S&P Capital IQ Receives Seven Awards in The Wall Street Journal's Best on the Street Analysts Survey For 2013
- J.D. Power & Associates Reports: Advisor/Investor Relationship Drives Full Service Investor Satisfaction
- Platts Survey: High Capital Costs and Maintaining Public Confidence Cited as Greatest Challenges Facing European Nuclear Power Markets
Related Partner Headlines
- 3 Stocks Pushing The Media Industry Higher - TheStreet.com
- McGraw-Hill Companies Incorporated (MHP): Today's Featured Media Winner - TheStreet.com
- McGraw-Hill Companies' Third Quarter Earnings Report - Investopedia
- McGraw-Hill Companies Incorporated (MHP): Today's Featured Services Winner - TheStreet.com
- McGraw-Hill Companies Stock Hits New 52-Week High (MHP) - TheStreet.com
- Who's Afraid of the CRAs? - TheStreet.com
- From Earlier: McGraw-Hill Will Acquire Kingsman Sugar Research Company - Benzinga
- McGraw-Hill Companies Reaches New 52-Week High (MHP) - TheStreet.com
- McGraw-Hill Companies Reaches New 52-Week High (MHP) - TheStreet.com
- UPDATE: Benchmark Company Reiterates Buy Rating, Raises PT on The McGraw-Hill Companies - Benzinga
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,112.19 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼206.04 (-1.35%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,628.93 Trade time:4:52PM EDT Value change:▼22.88 (-1.39%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,443.20 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:0.00 (0.00%)
In The Wires
Celebrity Belt Manufacturer Belt-Manufactuer.comTargets Specialty Fashion Boutiques And Celebrity Brands For Submission Of Their 2013 Fall-Winter Lines
The Portland Interior Designers of Garrison Hullinger Interior Design Selected by Pinnacle Management to Update Interiors of Luxury Condo Development, Waterfront Pearl
eMazzanti Article Showcases Windows 8 Touch Technology
Foundation Financial Group Will Take Steps for Crohn’s and Colitis
Used Exhaust Systems Now Listed for Reduced Sale Pricing to Vehicle Owners in the U.S. at AutoProsUSA.com
Used Dodge Ram Control Arms Now Discounted Online for Truck Owners at Auto Pros USA
Used Chevy Tahoe Engine in 5.3 Size Now for Sale in GM Inventory at UsedEngines.co
Rebuilt Chevy Aveo Engine Now for Sale Inside Four-Cylinder Inventory at RemanufacturedEnginesforSale.com