DHL Increases Presence in Brazilian Automotive Market
Published on Tuesday, 31 July 2012 13:28 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
- New Competence Center provides sector specific solutions, including air freight, ocean freight and purchase order management
- Efficient handling of almost 2,000 shipments per month
BONN, Germany, July 31, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- DHL Global Forwarding, the air and ocean freight specialist within Deutsche Post DHL, has opened a new Automotive Competence Center in São Paulo, Brazil. With nearly 2,000 shipments per month, the Center bundles all the automotive activities of DHL for the local market, which become of major importance for the original equipment manufacturers and first-tier suppliers.
"By linking our Automotive Competence Center here in Brazil with our global network of dedicated automotive logistics experts, we are well positioned to bring value to our customers in this dynamic industry. The Center is focused on service excellence and industry solutions, combining established best-in-class practices with tailor-made solutions which add value to our automotive customers' supply chain," Volker Oesau, CEO Middle & Southern Europe & Global Automotive Sponsor, DHL Global Forwarding.
A team of 17 professionals are successfully developing value-added logistics solutions including air freight, ocean freight, and purchase order management for clients in the Brazilian automotive. DHL's Automotive Competence Center in São Paulo will streamline the internal automotive supply chain in collaboration with other countries and regions around the world. DHL Global Forwarding also aims to extend the range of services offered to clients in Brazil in order to consolidate and emphasize its role as a leading provider of transportation and logistics.
The Automotive Competence Center in Brazil is part of DHL's worldwide initiative geared toward people, processes and infrastructure in the Automotive industry. DHL currently maintains seven of these Competence Centers as part of a global network with a strong focus on markets in developing countries.
You can find the press release for download as well as further information on http://www.dp-dhl.com/press
DHL Global Forwarding, Americas
DHL – The Logistics company for the world
DHL is the global market leader in the logistics industry and "The Logistics company for the world". DHL commits its expertise in international express, air and ocean freight, road and rail transportation, contract logistics and international mail services to its customers. A global network composed of more than 220 countries and territories and about 275,000 employees worldwide offers customers superior service quality and local knowledge to satisfy their supply chain requirements. DHL accepts its social responsibility by supporting climate protection, disaster management and education.
DHL is part of Deutsche Post DHL. The Group generated revenue of 53 billion euros in 2011.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://www.cisionwire.com
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines