30-Year Fixed Mortgage Rate Hits Yet Another Record Low; Current Rate is 3.34%, According to Zillow Mortgage Rate Ticker
Published on Tuesday, 31 July 2012 14:08 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
SEATTLE, July 31, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The 30-year fixed mortgage rate on Zillow® Mortgage Marketplace is currently 3.34 percent, down one basis point from 3.35 percent at the same time last week. This represents the lowest rate reported since Zillow Mortgage Marketplace launched in April 2008. The previous low was 3.35 percent, first reported one week ago on July 24. After peaking at 3.53 percent on Sunday, the 30-year fixed mortgage rate dropped and hovered between 3.39 and 3.48 percent, sliding to the current rate this morning.
"Rates rose at the end of last week after European Central Bank (ECB) President Mario Draghi's comments increased confidence that the ECB would take aggressive actions to restore the health of the eurozone," said Erin Lantz, director of Zillow Mortgage Marketplace.
"This coming week, we expect rates to remain flat in the early part of the week with potential for more volatility later in the week on the heels of the Federal Open Market Committee's (FOMC) announcement on Wednesday afternoon, ECB meeting on Thursday and the U.S. Employment Situation Report on Friday. Although this week has more potentially near-term market-moving events than usual, we do not expect to see significant, long-term, rate changes until a path to eurozone economic recovery or collapse becomes clear."
Zillow's real-time mortgage rates are based on thousands of custom mortgage quotes submitted daily to anonymous borrowers on the Zillow Mortgage Marketplace site, and reflect the most recent changes in the market. These are not marketing rates, or a weekly survey.
The rate for a 15-year fixed home loan is currently 2.74 percent, while the rate for a 5-1 adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) is 2.44 percent.
Below are current rates for 30-year fixed mortgages by state. Additional states' rates are available at: http://www.zillow.com/mortgage-rates.
|State||Current 30-Year Fixed Rate (07/31/12)||Last week's 30-Year Fixed Rate (07/24/12)||Change in Basis Points|
|California Mortgage Rates||3.32%||3.33%||-1|
|Colorado Mortgage Rates||3.35%||3.36%||-1|
|Florida Mortgage Rates||3.33%||3.34%||-1|
|Illinois Mortgage Rates||3.38%||3.38%||0|
|Massachusetts Mortgage Rates||3.38%||3.39%||-1|
|New Jersey Mortgage Rates||3.32%||3.32%||0|
|New York Mortgage Rates||3.46%||3.52%||-6|
|Pennsylvania Mortgage Rates||3.29%||3.35%||-6|
|Texas Mortgage Rates||3.29%||3.35%||-6|
|Washington Mortgage Rates||3.35%||3.37%||-2|
About Zillow Mortgage Marketplace
Zillow Mortgage Marketplace, operated by Zillow, Inc., is a free, open, and transparent lending marketplace, where borrowers connect with lenders to find loans and get the best mortgage rates. Borrowers anonymously submit loan requests and receive an unlimited number of custom mortgage quotes with real rates directly from thousands of competing lenders. Zillow Mortgage Marketplace also provides mortgage calculators, mortgage advice, mortgage widgets, and lender directories.
Zillow is a registered trademark of Zillow, Inc.
The Zillow logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=10012
- 30-Year Fixed Mortgage Rates Down for Second Consecutive Week; Current Rate is 3.35%, According to Zillow Mortgage Rate Ticker
- 30-Year Fixed Mortgage Rates Down Slightly; Current Rate is 3.43%, According to Zillow Mortgage Rate Ticker
- 30-Year Fixed Mortgage Rates Up Slightly; Current Rate is 3.47%, According to Zillow Mortgage Rate Ticker
- 30-Year Fixed Mortgage Rates Down Slightly; Current Rate is 3.46%, According to Zillow Mortgage Rate Ticker
- 30-Year Fixed Mortgage Rates Surged to 9 Month High; Current Rate is 3.55%, According to Zillow Mortgage Rate Ticker
- 30-Year Fixed Mortgage Rates Continue to Slide for Second Consecutive Week; Current Rate is 3.37%, According to Zillow Mortgage Rate Ticker
- Zillow Announces Details of March 2013 Investor and Analyst Day
- 30-Year Fixed Mortgage Rates Down Slightly; Current Rate is 3.4%, According to Zillow Mortgage Rate Ticker
- 30-Year Fixed Mortgage Rates Rise Slightly; Current Rate is 3.46%, According to Zillow Mortgage Rate Ticker
- CORRECTION -- 30-Year Fixed Mortgage Rates Remain Flat; Current Rate is 3.43%, According to Zillow Mortgage Rate Ticker
Related Partner Headlines
- Zillow Stock Gaps Down On Today's Open (Z) - TheStreet.com
- Real Estate Operations Stocks, Including American Capital, Making Big Moves on November 6, 2012 - Investopedia
- Exclusive: Zillow CEO Talks Acquisition, Guidance (Update 1) - TheStreet.com
- Zillow Extends Slide on Weak Q4, Full-Year Revenue Guidance - Benzinga
- 5 Celebrity Homes That Won't Sell - TheStreet.com
- CBL & Associates Properties Among Real Estate Operations' Biggest Movers on October 5, 2012 - Investopedia
- Zillow Inc (Z): Today's Featured Diversified Services Laggard - TheStreet.com
- Real Estate Operations Stocks, Including Digital Realty Trust, Making Big Moves on October 4, 2012 - Investopedia
- Zillow Stock Falls On Unusually High Volume (Z) - TheStreet.com
- National Health Investors and More Big Movers in Real Estate Operations on September 21, 2012 - Investopedia
Latest Partner Headlines
Dow Today: Verizon Communications (VZ) Higher - TheStreet.com
Separating the Bargains From the Busts - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: The 60-Inch TV Will Be Key This Holiday - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Cisco Wins If Fiscal Cliff Is Resolved - TheStreet.com
Gap Up and Sit - TheStreet.com
Apple, Intel, MicroStrategy: Tech Winners & Losers - TheStreet.com
Windows 8 PC Sales Disappointing: Report - TheStreet.com
Cramer Quick Take: Buy Home Depot and Lowe's - TheStreet.com
Dow JonesCompany ID [INDEXDJX:.DJI] Last trade:15,354.40 Trade time:4:40PM EDT Value change:▲121.18 (0.80%)
S&P 500Company ID [INDEXSP:.INX] Last trade:1,667.47 Trade time:4:39PM EDT Value change:▲17.00 (1.03%)
NASDAQCompany ID [INDEXNASDAQ:.IXIC] Last trade:3,498.97 Trade time:5:15PM EDT Value change:▲33.73 (0.97%)
In The Wires
Professionally Designed Wedding Dresses Now Online At Tidebuy.com
DressFirst.com Is Providing Big Discounts On All Its Prom Dresses
Great Discounts On Evening Dresses Announced by AmorModa.com
Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses In Excess Of $100,000 Investing In Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. To Contact The Firm
Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses In Excess Of $100,000 Investing In Ventrus Biosciences, Inc. To Contact The Firm
Bruno Mars Ticket Prices Slashed at TicketProcess.com - Discounted Tickets Are Still Available With The Trusted Ticket Exchange Giant
Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses In Excess Of $100,000 Investing In Delcath Systems, Inc. To Contact The Firm
The Rolling Stones Tour Tickets 2013 On Sale At TicketsTeam.com