Pending Freddie Mac Relief Refinance Changes to Help Lenders Refinance More Borrowers
Published on Tuesday, 31 July 2012 14:17 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
1.3 Million Freddie Mac Borrowers Already Helped under HARP, Relief Refinance Programs
MCLEAN, Va., July 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Freddie Mac (OTC:FMCC) announced plans to build on the success of its Relief Refinance Mortgage Program, which includes the Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP 2.0), by aligning requirements for mortgages with loan-to-value ratios that are equal to or less than 80 percent with those for mortgages with LTV ratios greater than 80 percent.
The alignment will eliminate many of the lender's selling representation and warranty responsibilities on the original loans being refinanced, regardless of the borrower's loan-to- value ratio. Details are scheduled to be announced to lenders by mid-September so lenders can start taking applications as soon as possible thereafter for loans to be delivered as early as January 1, 2013.
Freddie Mac also said it is further evaluating the Relief Refinance program by specifically focusing on their Open Access offering and determining the best approach to maximize the program's reach to eligible borrowers and assist lenders in managing capacity. Freddie Mac's Relief Refinance – Open Access option enables eligible borrowers with Freddie Mac mortgages to apply for Relief Refinance mortgages, including HARP 2.0, through lenders other than their current servicer.
- The pending Relief Refinance Mortgage changes are intended to eliminate operational complexities and streamline the program so lenders can make refinancing more accessible to borrowers with Freddie Mac owned- or guaranteed mortgages.
- The HARP 2.0 component of the Relief Refinance program is targeted to borrowers with LTVs above 80 percent.
- The program changes are based on lender feedback on HARP 2.0, the enhanced version of the original HARP program announced by FHFA in November 2011.
Attribute to Paul Mullings, Senior Vice President and Interim Head of Single Family at Freddie Mac.
"Once implemented the changes will give lenders a new measure of certainty and ease when they help borrowers with Freddie Mac owned- or guaranteed- mortgages take advantage of today's historically low mortgage rates. This will help us build on the success of the HARP 2.0 and Relief Refinance Mortgage programs of helping more than 1.3 million Freddie Mac borrowers. Today's announcement further underscores Freddie Mac's vital role in making affordable mortgage financing available to America's homeowners and future homebuyers."
Freddie Mac was established by Congress in 1970 to provide liquidity, stability and affordability to the nation's residential mortgage markets. Freddie Mac supports communities across the nation by providing mortgage capital to lenders. Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four homebuyers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. For more information visit www.FreddieMac.com and Twitter: @FreddieMac.
SOURCE Freddie Mac
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines