WestJet announces premium economy seating
Published on Wednesday, 01 August 2012 08:39 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
Extra legroom to be combined with convenience features and select on-board amenities
CALGARY, Aug. 1, 2012 /CNW/ - WestJet today announced it will introduce premium economy seating across its entire fleet. The reconfiguration will introduce four rows of extra legroom seating with 36 inches of pitch and convenience features such as priority boarding as well as complimentary on-board amenities. The reconfiguration will begin in August and will be completed in December 2012.
"We continue to evolve our product offerings to provide greater benefit and value to a wider variety of guests," said Bob Cummings, WestJet Executive Vice-President, Sales, Marketing and Guest Experience. "We are confident that this new initiative, combined with the remarkable guest experience delivered by our inflight team, our reliable on-time service and our low fares will see even more guests flying with us."
As part of this initiative, WestJet will also standardize the seat pitch for the remaining rows on all aircraft to 31 to 32 inches, bringing its seat pitch in line with North American competitors.
"Details on the full product offering and how guests can take advantage of these exciting initiatives will be announced in the near future," concluded Bob Cummings.
WestJet is Canada's most preferred airline, offering scheduled service to 80 destinations in North America, Central America and the Caribbean. Powered by an award-winning culture of care, WestJet has pioneered low-cost flying in Canada. Recognized nationally as a top employer, WestJet now has more than 8,600 WestJetters across Canada. Operating a fleet of 99 Boeing Next-Generation 737 aircraft with future confirmed deliveries for an additional 36 Boeing Next-Generation 737 aircraft through 2018 and plans to launch a low-cost regional airline in 2013, WestJet strives to be one of the five most successful international airlines in the world.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines