Oklahoma State University Selects New Campus Messaging System
Published on Wednesday, 01 August 2012 09:11 Written by TradersHuddle Staff
Rave Campus Messenger from AT&T Offers Fast, Effective Distribution of Critical Information
STILLWATER, Okla., Aug. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- When sharing urgent information to a large audience, speed is key. For large college campuses like Oklahoma State University, however, relaying important messages to students and employees in a quick, seamless way can be a challenge. OSU leadership know their community – 36,097 students and 13,233 staff members – relies on mobile devices for information and recently implemented Rave Campus Messenger from AT&T*.
With the transition to Rave Campus Messenger from AT&T, OSU has a speedy and comprehensive notification system that allows the university to send and receive important messages across a variety of different devices, including cell phones, wired phones, computers and tablets, as well as via social media.
In addition to being used for Cowboy Alert, OSU's urgent notifications for campus-wide alerts and breaking weather information, Rave Campus Messenger from AT&T can also be used to share lecture cancellations and campus news via text message, email or recorded voice message. Students and employees are automatically enrolled in the system once they provide their mobile contact information.
"It is essential that Oklahoma State University keep up with the expectations our students and employees have about being informed on our campus. Rave Campus Messenger from AT&T is giving us the ability to meet those expectations," said OSU President Burns Hargis.
"The mobile application from AT&T has improved the delivery time of our messages, which means we can keep our students and employees better informed," Hargis added.
There are a variety of ways to engage a university or college campus, and Rave Campus Messenger from AT&T offers the flexibility to reach students on the platform they are most likely to see – whether it is mobile texting, email or social media.
"In a generation of 24/7 access, students are highly mobile and expect their campus notifications to be, too," said Chris Hill, Vice President, Advanced Mobility Solutions, AT&T Business Solutions. "With Rave Campus Messenger, schools can reach the campus community quickly and easily – allowing for a more connected and informed student body."
AT&T is dedicated to preparing students for this innovation-driven economy, with products and services that help institutions improve productivity both in and outside the classroom. Introduced in 2011, Rave Campus Messenger from AT&T is part of a portfolio of mobility solutions available for businesses, government organizations and educational institutions.
Rave Campus Messenger from AT&T
- Rave Campus Messenger from AT&T is a web-based notification system designed to foster efficient communications within colleges and universities.
- Users can select their preferred communication method, distributing time-sensitive information such as lecture cancellations and payment reminders via text message, email or recorded voice message. The application is ideal for both large and small institutions and supports high messaging volumes.
- Uses full hosted, Software as a Service technology, allowing it to be used for many messaging purposes within higher education. Schools deploying the solution can be up and running within one day with minimal configuration.
For more information, visit Rave Campus Messenger from AT&T.
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's largest 4G network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile Internet, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T | DIRECTV brands.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com. This AT&T news release and other announcements are available at http://www.att.com/newsroom and as part of an RSS feed at www.att.com/rss. Or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT.
© 2012 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. 4G not available everywhere. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE AT&T Inc.
- AT&T And America Movil To Provide Deeper National Reach For Advanced Enterprise Services Across Latin America
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Willimantic
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Torrington
- AT&T And The University Of Kansas Team Up To Enhance Wireless Coverage On Lawrence Campus
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Fargo
- AT&T 4G LTE Available In Amarillo
- Benefitfocus Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Trends of China Gear Industry 2013 Analysis & Reviewed in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Product Launch Formula 4.0 Bonuses Total $5000 at BrianHanson.com
- Datex Presents Motorola Solutions Webinar “Is It ‘Smart’ to Use Smartphones for the Enterprise?”
Related Partner Headlines
Recent Trading Ideas
Latest Partner Headlines